Sign in to follow this  
ramsay

Remember your first drive in your new C

I remember the day when me and my mate went to Portsmouth from Bournemouth! I had 7 grand in my jean pockets and off we went in the train to see a trader guy in south sea! As soon as we got off in Portsmouth, there the car was, straight away I though Yes, nice!

My mate was going through the paper work and checking that all adds up, I took it for a test drive, I was driving it carefully and to cut a long story short, I got the car for 6 grand and really pissed the dealer off, he wanted more and we spend nearly 4 hours with him!!

On the way home I said to my mate james, wait for her to reach 4 thousand revs, then planted my foot and we were both so excited!! I remember it like it was yesterday! Plus we were in a built up area and the car felt even quicker with parked cars either saide! I know its dangerous but I was 18 teen at the time and just bought the car of my dreams ever since I was 12 years old!

Anyone else want to share their happy experience with us?? By the way, this is Rams, I logged out and cant get back in so had to re register! I should have that sorted tomorrow!

Hahah I sure do, because it was only 3 1/2 weeks ago.... and I remember thinking "sweet jesus I'm going to have to do a lot of work on this car" hahahah :twisted:

Seeing the spoiler go up and down made me giggle like a schoolgirl tho

Skye

Happy Experience?

I got mine 3 years ago, and that night I took my brother and his friend out to rent a movie. Some girl in the parking lot was going 50 km/h + and drove into me. It was real fun showing off my new car to my buddies with the front drivers side all mangled. An extra $3k later for repairs and I was loving my car again.

Yep.. I remeber driving my car home from the dealers that I bought it from. I took a bit of a risk as it wasn't taxed, but I was just desperate to drive it.. so I let my old man take my crappy Peugeot 205 and I cruised home the 40 or so miles in the Corrado.

It was amazing - I felt so proud driving through some towns and having people checking out my car after only just buying it. It felt amazing to have (compared to my 1 litre Peugeot) so much power and such a quality build to the car.. was so proud to show the car off to my mates as well :) I remeber the first few weeks after I got it, a guy pulling into the car park at the place I worked in his Golf to chat to me about my car.. the specs, where I got it etc.. he was in a MK2 Golf and we had raced up a local road, and it was great to chat about my car.

And for the first few weeks after I actually got it taxed I remeber it feeling like it was only a temporary thing, and that I would have to give this wonderful car back as it was on borrowed time or something..

Sigh...

And thats why I need another Corrado :)

Ouch... I hope you had collision insurance?

Had to pay for it out of pocket :cry: which wasn't easy when I had just dumped all my money on getting the car...

Yeah I remember my test drive and the first thing I noticed was how much slower it was than the ropey old BMW 325i I traded in against! Until 4000 rpm that was! The combination of looks, paint colour, refinement and equipment levels made me happily part with £5K, also in my jeans pocket!

It's not bene rosey ever since but overall it's a great car.

Kev

just like yesterday.......p/ex my pretty tidy looking BMW 318ti sport-pack compact 8) (complete with BBS split-rims and M-tech supension,lights etc) for it.........thought i would end up regretting it afterall i was paying £4k cash difference for a 6 month newer car.........but by the time i got to Dundee on the way home(went from aberdeen to edinburgh to pick mine up)it was a case of what BMW :wink:

Well I hope to have my first drive of one soon I just hope it's going to give me enough thrills to get over getting rid of my beloved G I know that sounds daft to most on here but I have built this car from CL (55 BHP) to how it is now (G40 175BHP) and it's a saloon so it's one of about two in this country cos VW did'nt put the G40 in the saloon.

Anyway my first drive of the G40 was very funny me and my mate spent 12 hours fitting my new engine as we really wanted to see what all the fuss was about these little G-chargers. So 5 in the morning came and was way to early to start up so next morning we got up and it started straight away, so exciting!! Anyway we took it out and it sound cool (first time I heard a G-charger) anyway I floored it and it was quickish but nothing amazing, anyway I was quietly dissapointed but gave everyone a go anyway. Once driven a few times I took it in to do a check only to find one of the main boost pipes hanging off!! so I put it on thinking it won't make that much difference but once I floored it again I tell you I was smilling for a few weeks after it was great I had torque steer for once. Now the engine has had lots done to it and I have had many first drive experiences with it after the work and it is pretty quick.

Just feel it's time for a change!