Sign in to follow this  
veritas137

anyone running the FK 70-40 suspension?

I currently have Neuspeed springs and Koni adjustables. But the shocks are old and blown and the fronts were just the garbage inserts that need to be tossed out. In other words I need new suspension.

A local shop had a clearance on the FK 70-40 kit and I picked it up. But now I'm a little wirried the drop may be too much since I drive the car every day. I do have the VR6 upper strut mounts up front which raises the car a little, but I'm still worried. Does anyone have any pictures of how this kit sits or any experience with it.

How the car currently sits:

Corrado070905-1.jpg

Thanks,

Shocks and springs. But the rears are height adjustable so I can even it out and make the car sit level.

I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with ground clearance because of the US front lip and no body kit. I'm just really worried about rubbing over every bump and losing my turning radius.

well mine is down 60mm from standard on fk highsport coilovers and i dont have any probs with speed bumps or anything else turning circle is fine as well.... :D

So if 60mm is fine normally, 70m with the newer upper strut caps I should be ok.

Wheels are 16" Borbets, somple clean looking wheel. The springs are Neuspeed softsports, but they are several years old and sagging.

My youngest was home sick today which means I got to work on cars instead of going to work. :p

Installed the fronts without any issues and they look and feel awesome. My old setup was completely blown and bounced around like crazy. I didn't get the rears installed because I need some nuts, the stock ones are the right size, but have a larger thread.

Should hopefully get those on later this week or next, no big hurry.

I did find a major problem though. The bolt/bracket that holds my front swaybar to the A arm had been sheared off. A quick call to Neuspeed however and new parts are on their way free of charge.

sounds good... don't forget to get the suspension re-alligned after you've got it all fitted 'cos the camber and tracking will be miles out of line now you've swapped the suspension... 8)

Lovely looking car... I've often toyed with the idea of getting some Borbet Ts too... 8)