Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

wheel offset

Looking for something nice and complex more like ASA AR1's or BBS wheels, though I am looking for something with a nice lip on it. about 30mm lip on the outer portion of the wheel before any pattern starts emerging, dont know what to look at...

lip like this design like this.... better quality wheel tho...

http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp ... erSpecial=

oops aparently they are somewhat BBS...

In 1990, ASA decided to build a state-of-the-art alloy wheel manufacturing facility. Knowing the complexity and challenge this presented, ASA went to BBS in Germany to tap the best technical knowledge in facility design, manufacturing processes and quality controls for producing high quality alloy wheels. Production began at the new facility in Jeywon, South Korea in March 1992.

something like a PIAA sport mesh.... exactly like that but cheaper....

also can I use something with a 42mm offset? the standard corrado offset is 35mm apparently...would an 8mm spacer fix this?

35mm on g60's and valvers, 38-40mm on vr6's. Yeah a spacer would convert and ET42 to ET35, but they're not really an ideal solution as they're hard to get in the right place and unballance the wheel somewhat. I ran 3mm spacers on the front for a while and even 3mm of light metal, slightly off center, made the wheels wobble like mad.

By the way, your links not working!

nice wheels!

you can get hubcentric spacers that center themselves on the hubs, not idea how much they are or where from but theres no way in the world i would have run my car over 80 with the normal spacers i had on, deffinalty not 160!!

huh, maybe I should just go with the ASA AR1 with the 38mm offset... grr I like the PIAA's tho, I drive over 120 a lot... dont ask... so I want something that can handle the speed.