Sign in to follow this  
mambomonkey

intercooler from g-werks

Hi Darren, i was gonna pm or e-mail you about this but thought others might be interested as well.....The question is, are you actually fabricating ic's now??? - if so, are they solely for corrados or are you doing them for all g-lader housing cars? Any info appreciated! :D

the cooler im going to be doing would easilly be adapted to fit your golf too will i will keep you posted on progress...

Darren,

Is the new cooler going to be shorter than the Sprinter cooler fitted to your own car? IE will the pipe coming from the drivers side of the intercooler come out on the engine bay side of the chassis leg rather than underneath it ?

What height/thickness do you intend to use?

Also,do you still have a front bumper bar on your own car?

I'm currently building an S3 engined O2M 6 speed box Corrado and the Sprinter cooler(used very successfully in some big power Golfs belonging to a few mates of mine,I might add)doesnt seem overly suited to my particular application.

thanks

Tom

Hi, Darren has unfortunatly had to go off to a funeral today. Answering the questions. The cooler is smaller than the sprinter ones, contery to popular belif the sprinter ones are a bugger to retero fit and require serious chassis hacking.

Took this earlier, hopfully will get plumbed in later tomorrow. Proceedings got held up by the realisation of the fact that the car it is to be fitted to has a failing head gasket, so I've had to take the head off and replace the headgasket before we can continue with fitting the cooler. We are hoping to realisically get the conversion to within a few pound of £500 for the cooler/hoses/pacet fan/RSR outlet reducer etc.

The inlet/outlets will be inside the engine bay and not tucked upnder the chassis legs.

All intercoolers are now made in house and we can pretty much knock one up for any car/application given. There has already been some made for MK1 Golf forced induction applications. G40 ones on the way and a few more hidden suprises :lol:

****Mod edit**** pic resized-vr6storm

Mmmm, nice.... Hurry up! I need one in the next few weeks to get my C back on the road for the new year! :roll: :lol: :wink:

The head of the C is going back on tomorrow, with a OE multi layer gasket to replace the nice fibre 8v GTi gasket some monkey had fitted in the past and some nice new exhust manifold stud in the head, to replace the mashed up ones the same monkey had rounded the bolts off on after they fitted the monkey gasket.. LOL. do I sound frustrated to proceedings being held up.. :mad: .. all will be good after the weekend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good... :D

Will the estimate of £500 be for a cooler & complete mounting kit ?

What sort of BHP increase can be gained from using this as opposed to the standard setup ??

Haven't fitted my merc cooler yet & may go for one of these instead.. :D

hello, im just waiting for my lift to wales now.... yes as steve says the kit will be complete with everything needed to fit to your needs... even down to the last pipe clamp...

as far as giving figures over std .. these will to be releesed when we have the kit ready for retail...

Mmmm, nice.... Hurry up! I need one in the next few weeks to get my C back on the road for the new year! :roll: :lol: :wink:

this will not be a problem ... we will need some futher details from you as i think i remember you saying somthing about running a rs front bumper ? if so we can talior the cooler to take proper advantage of the new space you now have up front .. :lol:

this will not be a problem ... we will need some futher details from you as i think i remember you saying somthing about running a rs front bumper ? if so we can talior the cooler to take proper advantage of the new space you now have up front .. :lol:

If I can help it, I'd like to keep the car standard looking from the outside... I still haven't found an ABS front bumper and am really not keen on buying a fibreglass one due to where I drive and how people park at work! :roll: :?

Cheers anyway!

If I can help it, I'd like to keep the car standard looking from the outside... I still haven't found an ABS front bumper and am really not keen on buying a fibreglass one due to where I drive and how people park at work! :roll: :?

Cheers anyway!

of course no problems it just means you can use one of our std fitment "in front of rad" ones :lol:

Hello Darren,

Do you know when you will have the intercooler and fitting kit ready for sale ??

Cheers

Sandy G60

Ps will it work with a standard front bumper

Intercooler kits are in progress. The new cores have been ordered as has the appropriate pipework to plumb in the kit. At present we are extreamly busy preparing our own and customers cars for inters, so we have had to prospone the intercoolers for a while as we have had to priorotise our work. All the raw materials will be here at our disposal so we can gat stright on things as soon as oppertunity arrises.