Sign in to follow this  
robbo101

Electric Windows

Help!

My elctric windows have stopped working. First the passanger stopped about 3 weeks ago but the drivers still worked untill today I locked my car with the windows and sunroof open and they closed as usual but now it will not open. Sunroof still works and so does central locking. Does that rule out the fuse as they are on the same one. Where is the window control unit I used to hear it click when pressing the buttons but couldn't hear today. Does this unit also do the cental locking. I need some help before I melt.

Cheers

Paul

I need some help before I melt.

good point...not a very nice time for the windows not to work.....theres quite a few of us who have had probelms with the windows....type "windows AND not AND working" into the search and see what it comes up with ...there should be a good few suggestions on there.

I tell i lie it does keep blowing the fuse. I have taken apart the windows controll unit and some of the relays are blackned on the contacts. I tried cleaning them but when i reconect the power the switch makes the unit click 3 or 4 times but the windows do not work then the fuse blowes again. I take it i need a new control unit if so what else can i rob one out of as it cannot be a rado only part.

Cheers

Paul

Hurray I have working windows :D (for now)

It apeared that the passanger side was just the contacts in the control unit where bad after cleaning plus cleaning the drivers side switch as it didn't alwasy make it work.

The drivers side plus the reason for blowing fuses.

I removed the doorcard and to my horror my dynomat on the drivers door had started to peel off in the hot sun and jammed the electric window in its top position. Peeled back the dynomat and restuck and all now apears to work. :D Well untill the sunroof brakes as thats about the only thing off the brakes all the time I ain't had. :(