Sign in to follow this  
markymark

damaged front 'bumper'

Hi

Not sure what is is called - the bit of metal between the grill and the bumper - but it has been damaged with a minor collision and is pushing the bonnet up a wee bit (and is all screwed up itself). I am told by the stealers that you have to replace the whole front panel for a disgusting fee of almost 500 quid just for the parts.

Anyone have any further knowledge on this that could lead to a cheaper solution?!

Ta

Yeah, your after the slam panel basically that incorporates the engine carrier... best bet is stick an ad in the wanted section and keeping an eye on eBay...

Sounds like the slam panel to me

Ebay is ya best bet

I've got one, but its been mildly modded when i had bmw headlights

Its sat in me garden at mo

chris

there's plenty of 'em for sale out there markymark, they tend to go for around £40 to £80 depending on age, condition and if it's a late or early one... Shipping can be expensive though 'cos they're pretty big!

They're not too difficult to swap over either, but you will need to unbolt the bumper (only 4 major bolts, but lots of little bolts/screws where the spoiler mounts...)

Good luck! 8)

Thanks alot everyone - however, due to escalating costs of parts and the damage on the other car I am having to bite the bullet and go down the insurance avenue....even though i will be paying the price for the next 3 years....

Cheers anyway