Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Black VW Badges

Are these a standard VW item that I can get from the dealer? If yes, how much and what are the part numbers (front and rear)?

Which badges?

Other than colour coded black badges for earlier models, I can't think of any standard black badges ...

Sorry, I was talking about the VW grill badge and the VW badge for the rear panel. I was under the impression that you could get black ones instead of the chrome. I was wondering if these are genuine VW or made by someone else.

So just to confirm, VW don't make these? Also, I looked at the GPCVWAUDI site and only found the rear badge, not the one for the grill.

kerrinmay, PHONE GPC... their website is utter crap, but they DO sell 'em 'cos I bought a pair in black from them at Inters... ;)

Do they have the two locating pins on the back that pop into the body??

I was at VW today after a black rear badge but they only had self adhesive ones..

I want one that I can remove so I can get any polish off the body from round the badge... anal I know, but that's just me...

Thanks

Rob

Do they have the two locating pins on the back that pop into the body??

I was at VW today after a black rear badge but they only had self adhesive ones..

Yes they do, the Corrado 'VW' badge is flat with 2 locating pins, unlike the MkII Golf ones which are wedge shaped. :wink:

Yeah, but at VW the parts guy could only find chrome Corrado VW roundels, no black ones were listed...

Anyone got a part number for a black badge??

Cheers

dub envy,

my dealer rekons its the same as the mk3 golf..... im not sure if its the passat one tho and he ordered the wrong one!

he was a bit miffed tho why i wanted it cos they are german army issue apparently :lol:

Alex

well i already have a 7 slat grille and bought a black badge from VW........ just need to see if it fits when it comes back from the respray

cheers for the offer tho split ;)

Alex

Rear badges are the same as the 88-92 Passats, not sure about the 93-on facelifts though... Front badges on the Passat are the same size but have different clip fixtures so don't fit...