Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Are Vauxhall / VW alloys interchangable

I'm looking to buy some cheap alloys for the missus's 12v corsa as it needs 4 new tyres anyway and the bicycle tyres offer little grip when pushed with the mighty 3-cylinder power plant. :lol: It will hopefully help with the cornering / braking anyway.

I take it the PCD is the same at 100mm but the VW offset seems to be ET35 and some of the wheels being fitted to corsa's are ET49. Would the VW ones fit? This is just to get abit more choice. Not really sure what the offset relates to.

Cheers.

I think the spigot ring (or hole) is smaller on vauxhall too. I remember fitting my dad's 17's to the G and had to take little blue spigot reducers off so they'd fit.

Hi,

The stud pattern is the same, 4 x 100PCD but standard Vauxhall offset is ET49 and VW is ET25 or 38. Centre bore fitment on VW is 57.1 mm wheras Vauxhall centre bore is 56.5 mm. You would need to get the centre bore changed by having the wheel centre bores machined on CNC / lathe etc by a professional. I had this done to get some MiM Vauxhall fitment alloys onto my old G60 but also has problems with inside of wheels fouling on the G60 calipers so I used 5mm spacers and no probs then.

Cheers

Thanks for that, sounding abit involved for my liking so think I'll stick to Vauxhall wheels on the crazy corsa.