Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

ABS, MK4 rear calipers.....I need someones help tonight!!

Gavin, I use a large dropping peppet to remove the excess fluid and never spill any when removing the cap. I had the problem with fluid going everywhere when I first got mine, it was because the rubber sealing washer was not seated in the cap correctly. Never experienced it again though and I've used it loads. Basically make sure the rubber washer and it's mating surfaces are clean, plus make sure the washer is seated in the lid correctly as mentioned, keep the eazy-bleed bottle upright, never use more than 20psi, and always disconnect the tyre to release the pressure before undoing any of the other connections. Clean any brake fluid off the rubber washer after use, because I found the fluid softens and expands it after a while.

Gavin, I use a large dropping peppet to remove the excess fluid and never spill any when removing the cap. I had the problem with fluid going everywhere when I first got mine, it was because the rubber sealing washer was not seated in the cap correctly. Never experienced it again though and I've used it loads. Basically make sure the rubber washer and it's mating surfaces are clean, plus make sure the washer is seated in the lid correctly as mentioned, keep the eazy-bleed bottle upright, never use more than 20psi, and always disconnect the tyre to release the pressure before undoing any of the other connections. Clean any brake fluid off the rubber washer after use, because I found the fluid softens and expands it after a while.

Glad you sorted it Phil. Mines been in the landfill about 10 years now :lol:

I'll stick with me Oxygen pipe, never failed me yet.

Gavin