Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

Killed a New GTI Whahahaha

Left Works last night and a brand new metalic black golf gti was stright up my arse. being a good boy i continued to do the speed limmit. left the 30 into the 60 and continuied to do 60mph. this gimp was still up my arse!! Now where i live you leave Bangor headed for Caernarfon and there is a massive flyover where the road leaves a big round about to a massive uphill climb for the good part of half a mile at least (not very good with distances)..... But the road splits into 2 for slow moving truckes etc so i knew he would try and over take me on the outside lane and his blond girlfriend was in the other seat so he had too cos he had drove up my cars arse for 10 min..... Got the the flyover and and he pulls into the other lane stright off the roundabout and we start up the flyover... let him get next to me and im in 3rd gear and i floored it..... oh dear.... he must have looked like a right tit cos there wasnt much in it for a second or two until i got the revs up and then left him... whahahahahah..... got too about 110mph at the top and then he had too pull in cos he was miles behind. he didnt try overtaking me for the rest of the trip into caernarfon and he went flying past when i pull off.... looser....whahaha i couldnt stop laughing cos his bird was well fit and he looked like a bit of a poser so he must have looked like a fool in his new car and me in my 1991 1.8 16v that i got for 1800 bucks... well just had to get that off my chest cos ive been laughing about it all day at work. DONT MESS WITH THE C!!

Well done mate - those new Golf GTI's put out around 180bhp

Bet his g/f was pissed off

Before I sorted my timing out the week before last, I had one struggling to keep up with me. Not a prayer in hell now though :lol:

There does seem to be a large percentage of new GTI drivers that are utter tw@s...

Shame (for them at least!) the new GTI ain't a patch on the earlier golf MKI/ II, Scirroco, or any of the Corrado range! :lol:

I'd be laughing too, used to love doing similar things to Porsches in my MKI 16V when it was on the road...

"Huh, it's just an old battered golf..."

"No mate, it's a stripped out 1.8 16V 1600gearbox'd street rocket!" :lol:

"Where'd he go?!?" :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

those new Golf GTI's put out around 180bhp

well to be honest(and anoraky :wink: )the mk4 golf GTI comes in 4 flavours at the moment

2.0 115bhp

1.8T 150bhp & 180bhp

1.9PD 150bhp

and seemingly the only way to identify which is which is the colouring off the GTI badge :roll:

Funny you say that loads of MK4 golf GTI owners try picking on me it really pisses me off when I am trying to save the fuel but I can't let them think that he is quicker!! " oh it's just a polo with some guy thinking alloys will make it quicker"

Actually this brings me onto the best story I have heard ever it's well funny (I hope I don't bore you with it........lol but it's funny so read on)

One of my mates down south has a G40 which is kicking out about 200 BHP(he is running a tiny 58mm pulley pulling 1.4 bar+ out of a G40 charger!!) anyway he is filling up at a petrol station and a TT (225 BHP version with the twin exhaust) pulls up and fills up as well, the guy looks over and says to my mate " so does that exhaust make it fly then" in a sarcastic voice, now here I would normally say somic like wanna have a go or somic thick minded......lol but my mate just said nothing laughed and got in his car, and then followed the TT out and left him for dead up to 100 then he slowed down let him past the tt went past at 120 so my mate flew past the TT again at 140 the guys face must have been a picture seeing a polo fly past. How smug was my mate. he he he he he

For those of you that are thinking 140 in a polo???? then yes it's possible G40 tuning has hit an all time high and we can now hit the rev limiter 5 th thats 153 going by the gearbox ratio's not the speedo. (not great at that speed though very light car still). :shock:

I still wanna corrado though :(

the gti was all silver. doesnt the faster one have a red "i"... turbo ver or somthing?

ah well then you managed to destroy a 2.0 115bhp GTI then.....pretty sure the all silver-badged ones are the 2.0l's..........still ok not a ball of fire but they still have a nice torquey engine in them

ah well then you managed to destroy a 2.0 115bhp GTI then.....pretty sure the all silver-badged ones are the 2.0l's..........still ok not a ball of fire but they still have a nice torquey engine in them

Just watch out for those older ones with a solid black, all sliver lettered "GOLF GTI" badge on the back and a number plate with a single letter at the end (somewhere between V and Y) they're the ones to watch out for... :lol: :lol: (you know where I'm coming from!)

What is it with VW and their random badge letter colours recently??? I've now heard that they've stopped doing the red letter thing 'cos they were becoming too much of a theft target, so all of them will have the same colour letters on the back... I prefer the no GTI badge style... If you have to advertise what it is that much, it ain't worth it...

Kinda why I like the C so much, understated little badges and great looks that make it look like it's gonna go, rather than tell you it should be able to... 8)

the gti was all silver. doesnt the faster one have a red "i"... turbo ver or somthing?

Hey craig only live up the road from you, im in colwyn bay :) Had a similar race with a 150 BHP TDI Golf from abergele to colwyn bay, i was coming back from chester when he pulled of the slip road from abergele he tried to take me from the inside with but couldnt he was so annoyed he was nearly touching my bumper at 100 mph until we hit the sharp left hand bend i left him for dead so he came back for more he was suicidal ive never had a car so close at over a ton i slowed because of traffic down to about 70 then selected third and left him again GREAT STUFF :evil: pulled of the slip road for old colwyn he passed me with his blond bint hurlling abuse ? WHY :lol: Im sick of hearing about TDI`s doing 150MPH (dont think so) and this was the RED EYE, 1991 1.8 16v corrado 1 TDI 150 0!!!!!! 8)

Like I have said before, its not the golfs you should be proud to beat, its the lighter Seat Ibizas that have the same engine range in. I went head to head with one a few months back in my G60, im guessing it was one of the more powerful models and i losts him, but it wasn't as easy as i thought. Mind you i wasn't using the box, i was just in 5th, and cornering at hight speed. so if he was dropping gears then that would explain why he was quicker than i expected.