Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

G60

Hey guys.

I have a smell of fuel when driving not long after first starting the car in a morning. It seems to come from the air vents but arent sure. If there isnt a leak in the fuel system, any ideas what it could be???? Could it be a sign that its not running on all cylinders and its the unburnt fuel i can smell. Saying that, i dont notice it all the time and when the car has being running for a while, the smell doesnt seem to be there. I seem to be forever going to the pettie station.

Any ideas i would be grateful.

Thanks

:roll:

There is a small pipe that runs un the right hand side of the fuel rail as you look at the engine bay.. U shaped, look at it very carefully, it may be leaking and the fuel dripping onto the exhaust manifold and burning off so you can't see it....

And if that is leaking fuel, i've got a brand new OE replacement for it if you need it. Willing to let it go for well under what I paid for it :) Just PM me.

dont fix it mate...you'll soon miss that fume intake in the mornings.....mmmmmm petrol.....

P.S....unless of course you do have fuel dripping on extremely hot parts of your engines bay.....in this case it is advisable to fix it.. :wink:

cheers everyone.

Like ive said in my first post im new to the forums, but im impressed so far. Loads of help and advice.

NICE ONE :rambo:

yeah but the smell in my G60 seems to go once engine is warm. only time i notice it is first 10 mins of running car in morning. Any diagrams of ALL 3 fuel hose within the engine (overview?)

dont fix it mate...you'll soon miss that fume intake in the mornings.....mmmmmm petrol.....

P.S....unless of course you do have fuel dripping on extremely hot parts of your engines bay.....in this case it is advisable to fix it.. :wink:

Some by you are loon, forum morale is at an all time high.

As for your juice issues mate im not sure if its anything to worry about if you cant see anything leaking, out of interest do you have a boost return kit fitted. On cold start the car will be operating with more juice than the norm, with the boost return kit fitted the excess vapour and crap will get 'breathed' to your catch tank, i dont have a filter on the end of my catch tank so all the reek comes out and the damn thing is aimed right at the hole beside the ecu where all the cabin air comes from, im almost out of it by the time it warms up and stops reeking

no boost return kit. would you recommed one of them being fitted? Ill be driving to work and ill start halucinating and seeing pink elephant riding little blue bikes on the road. :Fade-color