Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

WORSE DAY OF MY CORRADO LIFE

woke up this morning and boss kit didnt arrive so i was pissed off than abt midday it came, so i went to the garage with tools to get stuck in and guess what the garage door was opened to an angle and i think my heart stopped beating as i walked up.

Saw the car and it looked ok, but i was well panicy and shitting bricks. Got the car outta the garage was fine so drove to front of house and started with the steering wheel ...horn didnt work so spent abt 2 hrs sorting that out and than nearly broke front bumper rolling it off a lil hill

went out this evening picked cousin up and in a tight road there was a car coming from opp direction so slowed down to give way and car rolled a bit to the left and took out a massive chunk of the front pass side wheel (new 17's)

TOTAL

1. garage door broken into- but thank god corrado was untouched

2. messing with steering wheel- no bothered its no biggy

3. nearly messing up the chin

4. this is a biggy totally ruining a wheel, was driver error so i feel suicidle

IS THIS THE WORST OR PEOPLE BEEN THROUGH WORSE IN ONE DAY WITH THEIR CORRADO OR DOES IT GET WORSE

Wrap your C around a hedge after spending 2K on an engine rebuild a week before and then have ALL of the people you know not believe that you WEREN'T speeding and WERE doing 35mph in traffic, and you'll have had a worse day... :cry: I still don't know what happened to make me fall off the road like that, and I doubt I ever will... :(

Seriously though, I do feel for you, it's a bummer when stuff like that happens, especially in one day... hope you can get the wheel/door sorted without too much cost/hassle... :?

Time to alarm the garage? Mine now has a "hahaha! You're deaf 'cos you tried to break in" style alarm on it... It maybe a touch excessive, and I may get done if anyone does break in, but it's got a warning sticker on the garage doors/window and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in there when it goes off! :lol: Whoever sets it off by breaking in, won't be doing it again, let's put it that way! :shock: :lol:

mines a council garage dont know if i be allowed but could u send me more details in a PM with contact numbers that would be great if u have spare time

mines a council garage dont know if i be allowed but could u send me more details in a PM with contact numbers that would be great if u have spare time

'tis a home made system (degree in electronic engineering and a career in broadcast and sound engineering comes in useful sometimes!)

It's based around a cheapish car alarm, but I've modded the siren and added a few other touches that basically means that if you stay in the garage for more than about 30 seconds while the alarm is going, you won't hear anything else for a few days! :shock: :lol:

Stay for about a minute and you won't hear again, EVER! :shock: That should stop the tw@s... :lol:

Probably worth having a word with the council though, they may well allow a "suitable" battery powered alarm to be fitted to the garage... The only reason I've got the overkill version fitted is that some low-life has already smashed up one of my wheels trying to steal them, and I don't want them to try it while they're in the hidden safetly (?!) of my garage!

hows it connect and work than.. could u make me one suitable rewards will be gifted wink wink for a corrado brother in distress

Cheapo alarm (with keyfob) connected to mains power and battery backup...

Alarm modded so that there's 4 sounders instead of one (basically one in each corner of the garage, aimed to bounce the sound off the walls and make the whole garage into a sound chamber :scrambleup: )

Door switches on both main and rear door, glass tape (from a house/shop alarm) to detect broken windows, and blue flashing LEDs mounted into the front and rear of the garage attached where the the standard car alarm LED should be... :lol:

You can buy all the bits at places like Maplins electronics or RS components and make up a pretty good kit with no experience... :D

It's kind of a mix of home and car alarms with a hint of "sodding big speakers" thrown in for good measure! :lol:

It's worth doing... Just make sure that you don't tell ANYONE about any "I lost my keyfob" ways around the alarm, and put up some warning stickers on the doors/windows so that you have some legal cover if some low-life tries it on and then sues 'cos they're deaf! :lol:

It's dead simple and, to be honest, the flashing light above the garage door and the "BLIP" it makes when I disarm it probably scares off most would-be theives... :lol: