Sign in to follow this  
davedub

will mk2 golf rear shocks fit my c?

quick question guys

at the risk of repeating myself,will mk 2 golf gti rear shocks fit my 92 g60?

cheers in advance

not sure of the part no., i'm having a look on eurocarparts.com and when i input the make and model these are what i'm offered. they just use their own internal part no. so wanted to check for sure before i order. if anyone has used them before any info would be appreciated.

As far as I can tell,externally,the shocks are the same and will be interchangeable.

Not sure about pressure rates or rod length though,as the Corrado is heavier than a Goof-so might affect handling.

cheers Blown, dont exactly throw my c around so as long as it doesnt affect handling dangerously woudnt mind. would be interesting to know if there is much difference in pressure rates etc, though if vw developed the c suspension separately there probably is.

According to EKTA, they are the same ie 191..... So damping is same, spring strength isn't.

thnx for checking that rw1, will go ahead and order so. will post how all goes with this crowd, havent used them before, but they are substantially cheaper than my local stealer (over 250 euro for the pair he wanted) :p

so, ordered wednesday, arrived monday, 68 quid for the pair including p+p. top class service, they even told the courier to ring my mobile when he was arriving so i didnt have to sit in all day. had them fitted today in local garage for forty quid, reckon i've saved well over a tonne, think some lupo wipers now! and i can categorically answer my own question ...they fit!