Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

water injection do i really need a fmic now?

so ive paid for my water kit on the GB, do i really need a fmic as well? or shall i just get an sns chip and run it like that for a bit, i will be having an r1 rebuild over the winter months.

You dont need one, but fitting one will bring your intake temps down even lower and that means more power.

im just thinking how much difference will it really make? i mean am i going to feel the difference? also not having a large intercooler is considered to be good to keep the pressure up. im sure a bottle full of methanol is going to keep me cooler than a fmic! i might be wrong but hey my cars a keeper i plan to mess around with it!!

I think a bigger fmic is supposed to be one of the best mods you can do to a G60... If you can afford to get one now (around 500 squids) then it'd make a huge difference to the performance of your car in conjunction with the water thinggy. I'm currently trying to save for a golf g60 fmic... i want one! :)