Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Got my car vag commed....

Had diagnostics run on my car tonight (big thanks to Alan Walker) due to my abs light being on and it brought up a few more codes than I expected, some were easy explained and cleared but theres others im not too sure about:

Address 01: Engine

2 Faults Found:

00735 - Potentiometer in Positioning Motor for Air recirculation Flap (G143)

31-00 - Open or Short to Ground

00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)

03-00 - No Signal

Engine speed sensor is easy explained as its the usual one that appears when the engines not running. Whats the other one all about though? I didnt think UK cars had the air recirculation thing, or is this the valve that goes to the carbon canister as I did have that removed at one point?

Address 03: ABS Brakes

3 Faults Found:

00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)

35-00 - -

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46)

04-00 - Mechanical Malfunction

00287 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Right (G44)

04-00 - Mechanical Malfunction

Easy one this, rear sensors must have been from when it was on the rolling road, and they didnt reappear after being cleared.

Ill check the wiring to the front left sensor and replace if needed to cure my lack of abs at some point.

Address 25: Immobilizer

00546 - Data wiring faulty

27-00 - Implausible Signal

Never heard of this before, and my immobilizer seems to work ok as my car starts and runs fine, unless I use my spare uncoded key then it cuts out after about a second. Any ideas or should I just ignore it?

That was all the error codes, we also checked out the measuring block bit and noticed that the throttle ranged from 10% to 93%, does that sound ok? I know ive seen Kev mention what the readings for this should be but couldn't find it on a quick search.

Also worth noteing that it read my coolant temp as 93degrees and the gauge was at about 100, so they probably all read a bit high.

Address 01: Engine

2 Faults Found:

00735 - Potentiometer in Positioning Motor for Air recirculation Flap (G143)

31-00 - Open or Short to Ground

Whats the other one all about though? I didnt think UK cars had the air recirculation thing, or is this the valve that goes to the carbon canister as I did have that removed at one point?

Just got this from the DTC list:

00735 Recirculation Flap Position Sensor -G143. * If this code is found on late model VR6 (AAA) refer to code #01247.

01247 EVAP Canister Purge Regulator Valve -N80

So yeah, this was due to the carbon canister being unplugged before, I never mentioned it but this didnt reappear after the codes were reset as the cc is back in place.

I think you've explained everything for yourself. Well done, now go have a pint of beer and relax. ;)

10% to 93%, yes OK otherwise you would have a TPS fault code. More typically 12 to 94 on most.

Difference in temp readings on ECU and dash – two different sensors and dash ain’t that accurate anyway.

00283 Front left :thumbleft:

00735 Hmmmm. Not a listed “Corrado” fault but refers on to USA standard of 01247. Check your wiring for the charcoal cannister if you get it back. :thumbleft:

00546 is the non-chip/immobilser key or you have at some point managed to turn on the ignition while the engine was still running to a stop when you switched the ignition off and then quickly back on. Otherwise the fault indicates a duff immobiliser box forcing the error. Clear down and see if reappears without using the dumb key.