Sign in to follow this  
storm81

Sunroof

Ok so its not a corrado but im hoping for some suggestions anyway, we have a 1981 mk1 scirocco gti thats fitted with a crappy glass sunroof which leaks, originaly we planned to change the roof skin and loose it altogether however having a sunroof in the summer months would be nice so recomendations on a company that can supply and fit a decent sunroof? now i know this isnt going to be cheap but then we are putting a fair bit of cash into this car what with the 20v and all :wink:

Try here:- http://www.executiveautocarecentre.co.u ... _slide.htm

But I'm sure I've heard of a company called Sunlife, or something or other that do some really good internal tilt n slide installations....

Either way, it's never going to VW standard but could be a good compromise if you chose well. I'd imagine for the cost involved, you might actually be better off doing as you suggested....pinching a roof from a roco or Golf that has a factory roof installed.

the stratos 700 looks good, have emailed for a price, need to do a bit of digging on them now, one problem i have is whatever roof i go for needs to obviously be bigger than the existing