Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

No dip beam after new alarm fitted

Had a new alarm fitted (toad ai606) whilst i was on holiday when i came back everything was fine until i tried to turn my dipped beam on and it just stayed on sidelights, i tried main beam and thats fine. I dont have an uprated loom so thats out the question before anybody mentions it.

Ive checked the switched and even tried a new one that does definately work thanks too nikki. Ive checked all related fuses and basically anything else i could think of. Ive been back to the alarm fitters and asked them if its anything they could have done, they point blank said no but i got them to check it over anyway and theres no voltage going through the wires for dipped beam on the switch at all...so could they have cut through a wire somewhere, if theres no voltage at all through the switch or is there something im missing?

Think ive explained ok, but theres no guarantee! :lol:

And yes ive used the search got some ideas but nothing definate.

Thanks for any help people. 8)

Do you have a main beam at all? Could be that the dipswitch on the column isn't connected.

With a wiring diagram in front of you it'll be easy to work out.

Gavin

yep main beam works fine, blue light comes on on dash stalk clicks but i have to hold it there, then when i let go of the stalk it returns to sidelights. Ive got the bentley book but wouldnt have a clue what im looking at on the wiring diagrams.

I have had this before and I am pretty sure the its the................no can't remember :roll: yet.

Bentley diagrams are easy to work. Current flows from top to bottom of the pages. 12Volts along the top line, earth at the bottom. Find the headlight switch and go from there.

If I remember I'll let you know.

Gavin

Sounds to me like the alarm fitter has either disconnected a wire by accident or just forgotten to re-connect something.

yeah...i'd be ringing him in the morning Graham_E, if it was all fine before he started...

Does the new alarm activate the headlights when it goes off, I can't think why the fitter would interfere with the wires otherwise, but yeah either way it's far too much of a coincidence not to be the fitters problem.

Graham, I had a look at the book and the only thing I can see is the dip switch on the column. I can't explain why it makes the lights come on though.

Gavin

stevemac Thats what i was thinking that maybe he's accidentally cut a wire thinking it was something else.

corradowales,storm vr6 yes it is very suspicious, but they assure me 100% that its nothing to do with them......i dont believe that for one minute.

h100vw Thanks for looking matey, i tried having a look but i might as well have been reading chinese! :lol:

Gixxeruk No i havent got a loom mate, not yet anyways.

I think im gonna have to get an auto electrician to have a look, then if it turns out it is there fault then ill get them to pay cost for electrician simple as.