Sign in to follow this  
Fairzy

Coilovers (yes... again)

Quick question for you guys (I have already searched the threads and Google)...

I am looking at fitting some coilovers on my VR - how easy are they to fit? (To give you an idea I can change oil easily enough) What work is invloved - is it a 2 man joband do you need any special tools?

Also I have been keeping an eye on eBay and there is an importer bringing in FK kits;

FK AK - £280.00

FK Highsports - £358.00

(both are about £20 p&p)

Has anybody got any experience of either of these and could recommend one over the other. The highsports drop to 100mm whereas the AK go to 70mm, but around Milton Keynes that wont make much difference - although Bally might disagree!

Any comments or suggestions regarding this as I was thinking we could approach this guy and setup a group buy if enough of us are interested?

Cheers all,

Fairzy

it is easy youll have to have the geometery re-set by a garage. 2 men alwyas make it easy you will come across rusted on bolts but me and bally are close if you get really stuck!!

hi ive been running a set of highsports for nearly a couple of months now and am very happy with em... no complaints atall! ther are a couple of threads started by me re your question....before the mods get ya!! :D there in this section...do a search...

i had my local garage fit em although i helped seemed easy enough one bit of advice is get the tracking etc set up after as it throws everything out laser alignment is best, drives in a straight line afterwards!!!!

Hey Mike.. yr taking the plunge for coilovers.. good man..

they aint hard to fit.. depends on how seized yr bolts etc are on yr VR suspension.. then again angle grinders come in useful lol

Myns fine on the MK roads.. infact it could go lower!!!

Id budget for a couple of bushes when doing the changeover undoubtedly you’ll find 1 or 2 in rough shape.

It might be an idea to fit polly bushes if your budget allows as your existing bushes will take more punishment with coilovers.