Sign in to follow this  
bix

diy charger porting

Contemplating porting my charger, has anyone done this, or anyone got any tips? I'm gathering its a bad idea to chop off 3 of the exhaust prongs, since all the ported chargers I've seen have 6 :roll: Any links or tips appreciated!

Ryan

Contemplating porting my charger, has anyone done this, or anyone got any tips? I'm gathering its a bad idea to chop off 3 of the exhaust prongs, since all the ported chargers I've seen have 6 :roll: Any links or tips appreciated!

Ryan

Snap. I'm want to do mine when i rebuild it too. Anyone got any info, pics?

I have a spare charger, ported to R1 spec. Bit worn but still works.

May not have much life left in it but somebody could use it as a guide to port their own.

I want £80 if one of you guy's wants to buy it ?

Supercharged, Thanks for the offer but I'll decline at the moment. No point putting money into a spare charger that I may never use.

New one's boosting well, thanks to g-man, who put new seals in it for me.. :D

I've done it. Took ages with a dremel multi but it worked well. I did the three-fin mod and ported the outlet to match the RSR outlet I got from bahn brenner. Ported and polished the top airway too. Charger's still going strong in corradowales' car after 3 years.

....but ill be honest mate.....as someone who's bought a car with a charger thats been " home ported "....it makes you slightly paranoid to say the least...no offence intended at all MillSpeed, but with regards to the re-sale value...its gotta be be worth spending the bit extra on having it done soemwhere with a reputation....

thats not to say that my charger isnt blowing extremely well :norty:

Ha ha, no offence taken mate! Just had a thought, might be worth changing your timing belt if it hasn't been done since I rebuilt it.

since ive had it (( about 2 months )) ive changed practiaclly everything mate...just got to swap the seats over and send the charger for a service and its back to its former glory :D

Steve, I sent it again, not sure if you got it :? Can you PM me payment and delivery, paypal is prolly best for me!

Cheers