Sign in to follow this  
VR Zen

Blown away!!

I was in my Corrado joining the M25 while i met up with a Sunny GTIR,

all i can say is that those cars are very quick and i had problems keeping up with it :oops: , from what i have found out they run around 320BHp and have 4 wheel drive, 220 BHP in standard form the more i look into them the more i want, only problem is with the clutch turns out to be a few bucks (£250-1000) because the engine has to be lifted out etc.....

i remmember watching 5TH gear on channel 5 when that butler bird was in a Super car Dodge Viper GTS/R 8 litre V-10 and got blown away by a GTIR that costed the guy around £12K to mod including the price of the car, so i don't feel to bad i guess......... but still all that power for such a small sum as you can buy a 320bhp GTIR for £4-5K is making me water at the mouth :twisted:

PS still love my C as well .......

Yeah.. the Pulsar GTi-R is a mean piece of kit. They inherit some features from the Nissan Skyline, but obviously in such a small body they fly. Be happy you even kept up at all ;)

, only problem is with the clutch turns out to be a few bucks (£250-1000) because the engine has to be lifted out etc.....

Not to mention there pig ugly, and the interior is nasty. :lol:

ps. This was a car I looked into getting before the vr but I couldnt afford the insurance. :wink:

Yeah they are ugly... but not a lot of people know about them and know of the power, i just like them for the power that you can get out of them :lol:

come on ive seen 400bhp running at 1.2 bar thats a lot for such a light car, so you have to give nissan due respect :cry:

I totally respect them, like I said I looked at getting one but insurance killed that idea.

Also looked at the newer shape 200sx as well as it runs the same engine but a good vr6 came up before a decent 200 so the C won. :D

About 2800 for a standard one wheras the C came out about 1000 cheaper with mods declared. (1300 odd if it was standard.)

very unreliable is what ive heard from mates who r pulsar owners

and HUGE repair bills and parts costs........though i must admit i do kind of like them........and if you had a UK-spec/supplied one they were pretty rare(75-ish) till all these grey imports started

A mate of mine imports cars like the pulsar and Skyline... I can safely say that the Skyline R32 GTS is the only car I have ever driven that SCARED me... Not while I was driving it, but afterwards when we worked out how fast we'd just been... :o :shock:

My mate took it out at around 345KMH and I brought it back at about 330KMH... I thought we were doing around 140MPH or so.... Guess I was wrong! :roll:

Turns out that the guy who bought the car in Japan didn't like 4wd which is why he got the GTS not GTR and when he picked it up from the dealer, he took it to a tuning place and spent the same again on it to make it go and handle properly! :shock: It was around 850BHP at the rear wheels...

That's one car not to try and race in a C... I still think it was butt ugly though! :lol:

Yeah they are scooby eaters they are very fast I see them loads up at crail when i go up. I have the standard throttle bodies off of one sitting in my garage (I was planning on fitting them to my G but now I want a C so not doing that anymore) anyway they are quad 44's very big STANDARD the japs really do know how to do it first time.

Yeah changing the clutch is a costly Figure.

My mates got 1, just spent a fair bit of time at S.E Enginering

pic of me mates, Full rally wide arch kit

RIM00007-vi.jpg

Mate of myne has an MR2 Turbo and has the boost turned up,its a quick motor for sure but a flick of N.O.S and bye bye...... :twisted:

maybe, but the only thing about NOS is its a short term amount of power for a small amount of time.... i would want the power to be constant all the time, thats me any how

Cheesy thats a nice car your mate has, what work was carryed out at SE Enginering ?

The intercooler on the GTIR is Big, do you Guys think we could use the same IC our C ?

Not sure fully what he had done.

Wide arch kit, new paint with suttle flip, colourcoding under bonnet

6 Pots

custom made suspension

Front mounted intercooler.

Exhaust system

Some playing with the engine but only slightly

Running around 280-300 bhp

I drove it before he had all his work done, Never driven a turbo car till then. It was mental the way it went, one thing i will say that when your at 135mph and someone pulls out in front on the dual carridgeway, the standard brakes are Really Bad. It did stop but i was bricking it

What I love about the Pulsar GTi-R (and this was proved by some mates who didn't actually know what it was) is that most people just laugh of them because they think they are something like a Nissan Sunny with a body kit and alloy wheels.. and only those who actually know what they are, know not to laugh ;)

Was with some mates one day and one of them saw a Sunny GTi-R and laughed at it.. I had to 'correct' them that the GTi-R might just possibly eat their Honda Civic for breakfast without even having to try :)

my m8 has got a mr2 turbo done up and i can take him no probs not tried me luck

with a GTI-R yet :lol:

PHEW!!!

Had me worried there for a mo' :o

Thought I had done something to get thrown off the forum! :shock: :D :D :wink:

Yes you are right the brakes are not very good, in fact they are cra* one of the main reasons 6 pots are used to stop this beast :evil: in its tracks.

I guess Lots to look out for on these cars when buying ie gearbox clutch as these are quite expensive to replace, if i get a chance i would like to go out in one...... 8)

and see for my self