Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

enough boost?

Just wondering what people are getting on there read outs for the mfa boost test on their G60s, after fitting my golf FMIC my max reading is 1880 - 1900 on the mfa reading, which i think may be a little low??? considering its a PSD full blend charger with 68mm pulley? Might i have a boost leak? i seem to remember it getting close to 2000 when i had my original corrado intercooler on?? :roll:

i lookd into doing this boost test thingy...but youre sposed to get it to redline in 3rd and 4th gears......bugga that.

I think the max I've had is 1990... which I think is 0.99bar...? 1900 being 0.9bar and 2000 being 1.0bar etc. Not sure if thats the way it works, but I seem to remember reading a post Darren wrote suggesting that...

I think you loose a couple of psi with a front mount IC, not sure on this but if you scour the vortex forums this seems to be what they are saying.

remember guys boost is only manifold pressure....ie what the engine cant use. I would expect to see a drop with a frot mount intercooler as the pipework should be far more efficent than the std stuff resulting in better flow.

You may loose a few PSI with the front mount cooler but cooler air = more oxygen. It's the oxygen content of the air that the engine burns, so even with slightly less boost you should have more power.

yeh i guess it would make more sense to lose a little bit of pressure with a FMIC , the car feels stronger anyway! so i am not complaining really! just wanted to make sure! i am also getting an idling problem although i reckon that can be cured by adjust the idle speed on the throttle body as everything else seems ok..

managed to get a few pics yeh but there a bit s**t, i ve gotta do my waterpump within the next days, i ve take everthing apart again to get to it, so i will run over it all again, how have people been fixing theres in place? i just shaved a bit of the intercooler top fin and moved the rad back one notch and it went straight in no hassle at all? i thought it was going to be a bit harder?