Sign in to follow this  
delcbr

info needed about g60 and 2 litre 16v

Hi there i would like to buy a corrado its between a 2 litre 16v and a g60.

what power do these make and what performance times do they have in standard form?

how much is it to fit a smaller pulley and superchip and how much power does it see?

whats your opinions g60 or 16v?

what else should i look out for on these cars?

delcbr, Welcome to the forum...

The G60 is a far more 'tuneable' engine than the 16v's, have a search on here for specs of other peoples car along with times etc..

Chip and pulley will cost about £150 but the charger needs to be in good condition before this, rebuilds start at £350...

Cor, according to that website the 1.8 16v is quicker to 60 than the G60. I can believe it too, I had a drive of my mate's G60 and it was a big slug, I was quite disappointed.

Bet you a standard G60 vs a standard valver, the G60 will win 9 if not 10 times out of 10 given the same conditions and driver ability.

Been discussed before that the slow G60 time recorded had a dodgy gearbox or something.

g60 and 16v o-60 are like that because a 16v will hit 60 (just ) in second but a g60 needs another change into third that's what i read some where

it's overtaking times 50-70, 40-60that the g60 comes into it's own

I recon there must've been something wrong with my mate's car, it's a shame he hasn't got it any more...we could have had a little head to head. I'm going to be pulling the valver out of mine soon anyway, as soon as I can find myself another hack to replace the 'rado.

Corrado 2 litre 16v Strong head and Kr inlet cam cat bypass

will see 145 bhp to the wheels and you can rev the crap out of it and it will hold together ,G60 yea a chip and a 68 mm pully as small as you want to go ! but they all go bang don,t take the stick :(

Bottom crank shaft pully comes lose on G60 as well Not good !

Better with a 16v :D

They only go bang if - as with anything in life you don't look after it. I'm a known offender of giving my G60 some real stick and I so far have had no issues with it. Just look after it with an excellent quality rebuild and porting thanks to g-werks and have alot of other tuning including running a 65mm pulley.

The G60 is definatly the most tunable engine of all the Corrado and is definalty my favourite engine of them all.

now iam thinking between a 2litre 16v and a 1.8 16v.

iam a wee bit confused with this KR thing whats that all about what company does this mod and what does it involve?

what about de cating does that make a difference on the 2 litre?

iam thinking is it worth going for the 2 litre 16v if the 1.8 is just as quick with the same power?

cheers for your replies in advance