Sign in to follow this  
jonny-5

Power steering moaning

Hi,

The power steering on my corrado is VERY noisy, sounds like it's straining or something and groans alot. The belt is ok but does squeek on full lock.

Is the pump shot?

Thanks for any help

Yeh done that, got a feeling the previous owner used the other stuff tho, i might try draining the fluid and replacing it with the green stuff just to be sure.

Just changed the fluid - twas very dark green, now it' sgot some nice new stuff in it, i bled the system aswell and it seems to have sorted the problem.

The best and ONLY stuff to use is that specified by the dealer and now sold by ECP and poss a few others, it is different to the normal swag and i've know a number of pumps that have suffered because of wrong fluid.

Often if it's noisy because of wrong fliud it won't recover as the seals/bearings have been damaged

Chris

i ordered mine from GSF, about 5 quid a bottle and you only need about half of it.

To bleed the system just raise the front of the vehicle and unscrew the cap off the pas reservoir thingy and do loads of lock to lock turns and just keep the reservoir topped up as your doing it.

I need to resurrect this thread :lol:

May sound really silly but how do you drain the fluid and make sure its all out?? Mine is really dark :(

Yeah, I'd like to know the procedure for draining also. My rack has a slight leak and the previous owner used non oem stuff to fill it. Going to pick up a fresh bottle of fluid next week and would like to do this sooner than later since my pump is starting to make some bad noises in the morning.

To drain it there is a pipe connected to the pump it's self that is just secured with a jubilee clip, just undo that and do some more lock to locks to squeeze out the fluid

well its seems my power steering has given up completely! its weird! its difficult to turn right then just seems to release then its ok, but this mornin it didnt want to play at all!!!

im stumped cos i know the sum total of zero about pas,so any advice is welcome!!! ta!

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my power steering, it seems to turn off intermittently causing the steering to go very,very heavy. It happens sometimes and then turns back on again?? Any ideas are welcome. I don't have the corrado that long and need to get it fixed.

just got the fluid at the same time as being sent two different top mounts! so just checking this is right its febi bilstein m 6162, please be right pleeeease! :brickwall:

oh and heres a daft question!! engine runnin or not for drainin??,,, yeah i know! :oops:

ok done it and its made no difference whatsoever! seems to have trouble bleeding, unless that whooshin noise is just fluid!

pas pumps goin isnt it! more money!

just hope its not rack related! could pricey chasin this fault!

oh and belts tight as a drum!

need to sort it or me and the c could fall out!! :mad: