Sign in to follow this  
ard1

corrado g60

hello i'm new and just joined today and was wondering if you could give me some help with a g60 corrado.

i went to see one today and was wondering if this seem a good price for the car.

its 128000, had a new charger at 100,000, has a fsh, is in good condition and is up at £2700. it has loads of bills as well from new.

is this a good price or should i avoid due to the high miles? is there anything i should watch out for?

any help would be great

got any pictures as there is a very good chance someone will know the car on here and proberly be able to help you out with alot more info...:smile:

no sorry its at a small dealer and i havent any pics but its black on a j plate, buts in the leicester area

sounds reasonable with the little info supplied!

Could be that the charger blew as wasnt serviced, you may then ask youself how well the rest of it was looked after? if you have FSH, thats something.

dont let the milage put you off. its average.

as for the charger, pm G-man - your first responder!

ard1, Make sure the bodywork is good - no rust or evidence of accident damage. Check the edges of all body panels for overspray. Check the inside edges of the doors for rust & around the lock mech area. Ask the garage for a full HPI report - this will show if the car has ever had extensive accident damage.

If the engine sounds good - it probably is. Check there's no smoke from the exhaust.

Budget for replacing most of the suspension, if it hasn't already been done. Ball joints, wishbone bushes, shockers, etc are all likely to need replacing.

If you're buying the car from a garage - they are required by law to give 3 months warranty - get any worn parts replaced during this time - at their expense.

body work seems ok, its getting new shocks on the back and has had a new exhaust system. it will be serviced this week and mot on it and then im going to have it aa inspected. the only thing that sounded strange with the engine was a rubbing noise when it first started, but it stopped in about 5 min of running, seemed to be coming from the charger/ bottom end of the engine

the only thing that sounded strange with the engine was a rubbing noise when it first started, but it stopped in about 5 min of running, seemed to be coming from the charger/ bottom end of the engine
Could be many things -

Cambelt rubbing on plastic belt covers

Power steering belt / pump

Alternator/charger/water pump belt

Idler & tensioner pulley for above belt

Supercharger internals

thanks for all your help, went to see the car today and found out it had 10 owners, and no record of any super charger history, so im still on a hunt for a g60

Keep an eye on the classifieds mate, there are some floating around on there. Most G60's will have the smaller pulley and chip now so look out for one of those. Other good mods are decat and cam upgrade to take you into the 195/200 bhp region. Later G60's had ABS which can cause trouble.