Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

Getting Front Fogs back on????

apologies if this has been discussed before as i couldnt find it in the search??

I took my front fogs off to change the bulb and i now cant get them back on. The big rubber cap on the back i have to push through the mounting hole seperately to the actual light, then obviously i cant get it back on the foglamp ?? am i doing something wrong??? does the bumper need to come of or something??

cheers

brett

cheers for link Dinkus but stupid me forgot to mention ive got the older type of lights without the plastic surround thingy - even with the grill off i cant seem to get to the back of the fog lamp to push the big bung thing back on. It looks like its just supposed to push through and i thing the plastic of the bumper is supposed to give a bit but you can tell that the bumper has been sprayed a good few times which may be whats stopping it.

I have got the actual lights in its just the big bung thing i cant get on the back of it and water will be able to get in

Nil desperandum old buddy, did this job myself a couple of weeks ago on my old valver.

You don't need to take the grille out, first job is to protect the paintwork by putting some masking tape on the bumper next to where the indicator will be removed, then get a screwdriver on that nasty clip thing that holds the indicator in & ease it out. Next prise the fog lamp out from that peg thing fitting. The rubber bung should go over the connections at the back of the fog & then it should go back into the recess which is a snug fit for the bung, line the peg up & then carefully push the indicator back in, & hopefully job is done.

Any probs. send a pm & I'll try to explain it better.

If you're in the area give me a call & I will gladly help. :study:

Yep thats what i thought its just that the bloke who i brought it off said the front bumper had been sprayed a couple of times a i think it is this that is stopping me getting the bung through - it looks like the plastic is supposed to bend but where mine is caked up with paint the plasic doesnt give at all - i think im just going to have to sand it down and maybe cut some lines around the hole to make them bend back a bit more