Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Hilarious

Found on Club GTi forum, I actually think the guy who posted this believes its partly true

"i recently posted on here about a guy that comes in my works who has a 1 series bmw 120d and he was saying its 201mph.

now he reckons its the only road version of this as the other 395 were bought for track use. said he does 0-150 mph in under 4 secs. ye right. that would be quicker than F1 cars wouldnt it

he said that he took it out on silverstone on the weekend and got a speed of 237mph out of it. the speedo goes up to 140mph so i ask him how did he know he was doing anything near 237mph. he said when the speedo gets to 140 it changes to digital display.

he also said that the whole car is titanium and carbon. even the block. reckons it weighs 250kg.

2 litre twin turbo diesel. asked him to look at the engine and he showed me. didnt look any different to a standard engine. couldnt see any turbo never mind 2 as there was plastic covers over the engine.

cost him £47,000 brand new from germany.

reckons he has been offered a million pounds for it off racing companies and he has turned it down. what a tit.

it is 5 door, bodywork felt like normal metal. wouldnt start it up for me as i wanted to listen to it. if it was a race breed car is would have some kind of boost gauge, air/fuel meter, but no it doesnt.

says that he never has to service it or buy a tyre or brake pads or anything like that. all he got to do is ring them evry 3 months and they will travel from germany and do it free of charge

he pointed at the door card and said thats titanium and it was just plastic. carbon fibre windscreen wipers.

everybody in his works are laughing at him. as since he came out of hospital they are saying he is heading for a breakdown or medication is messing his head up as he is lying about every thing.

reckons the money he bought the car with was from his boot of his old car as he found £40000 in pound coins in his boot he forgot about.

and reckons he is now a milionaire"

Does sound like he has some serious mental issues.. amusing but also slightly alarming. If he's happy to blindly tell such blatant lies to people about a car, who knows how untrustworthy he is about other things :|

Does sound like he has some serious mental issues

which one???..the guy telling the story or the guy with the beemer? .. :scratch:

It's all true - I have one of those engines in my lawnmower .. :lol:

Bugger, wish I'd known that yesterday Steve, you could have come down and cut my grass :lol: