A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

looks better with red reversed lcd and blue illumination IMO or you could have it on a switch like mine, colours too suit your mood then. 8)

mine are red most of the time with the christmas traffic at the moment :mad:

there are no bright spots normally it just shows up in photo's :wink:

Help - I'm still confused! I want the blue dials and red LCD's, but the reversed ones. Getting the dials looks dead simple, but I still don't understand how the LCD's work. How do you get just the digits to glow?

you need to dismantle the clocks

remove the lcd screens (screwed on from the back of the circuit board )

carefully peel the thin plastic clear filters off the front of the screens

clean the adhesive off the clear plastic filters and the lcd screens

re-fit the plastic filters on to the lcd screens but the other way round (with the side that had the adhesive on facing outwards

then re-assemble and hey presto light digits with dark background

That is sooo cool! I know what I'll be doing over the Christmas break - changing the colour of the dash lights/glow and uprating my headlight loom!

:D :D Let There Be Light! :D :D

That is sooo cool! I know what I'll be doing over the Christmas break - changing the colour of the dash lights/glow and uprating my headlight loom!

Its looks great, the heater dials look a complete b#tch to do. Just been looking at them, the lightpipes light up green not just the disc directly behind the cover panel. I'll investigate more, hopefully theres just another filter behind there somewhere.

Its looks great, the heater dials look a complete b#tch to do. Just been looking at them, the lightpipes light up green not just the disc directly behind the cover panel. I'll investigate more, hopefully theres just another filter behind there somewhere.[/quote:22ddb]

unfortunately the green filter is a coating on the back of the position indicator film, it can be removed by carefully sanding the green layer away, you will have to break the facia apart to get at it though

unfortunately the green filter is a coating on the back of the position indicator film, it can be removed by carefully sanding the green layer away, you will have to break the facia apart to get at it though

Made some more progress, heater controls are now red or rather the centre one is. Just got to figure out the best way to solve the old light distribution problem to the outside controls. Thinking SB white or red led inplace of the bulb. Looks much better at night BTW, pic was taken 10mins ago in daylight.

Fitting climate control would probably be easier ;)

t_img_0406.jpg

t_img_0406.jpg

That looks good, finding the time to do it my problem, got a mountain of stuff to get done. I'm miles behind schedule, ICE and cage should have been sorted by now but i'm still working on the ICE as i keep getting rained off and my sub is still on the wrong side of the Atlantic. I ordered a headunit with red illumination and they sent me green :mad: Really going to have to get my finger out

Is that Jay's handy work?

It is indeed. The artiiiist himself lol

t_img_0406.jpg

I ordered a headunit with red illumination and they sent me green :mad: Really going to have to get my finger out

what headunit?? the illumination is changable on some models

t_img_0406.jpg

I ordered a headunit with red illumination and they sent me green :mad: Really going to have to get my finger out

what headunit?? the illumination is changable on some models

CVA 1004R, should have been a CVA1004RR :roll:

Anyone got a picture of factory Aux gauges illuminated? Need to see of the digits are backlight for the next step of the green to red illumination change.

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks good. 8) How long did it take?

Not sure, i wasn't keeping track of time and didn't do it all in one go. I'd guess the whole process would take 4-5hrs. I can do it much quicker now i've sussed it.

Looks cool 8)

Pic for Boosted (russell)

Heres a pic of my inlet manifold. Its polished everywhere and all the casting ridges have been removed and i've shaped it at the throttlebody (TB) so it mates perfectly to the TB. I then made a plug cover and welded on stud bar so i could bolt it through the plug holes in the manifold. Took about an 30-40hrs it total as i did it by hand as its easy to take to much off with machines. Once done i had it chromed.

Wow that looks good! Here in the states i cant find anyone to chrome my maifold if i could then i would have had one done already :pale:

btw Lee on here this is my name..boostedcorrados is just on vortex.I got banned a few years back for fighting with a guy that stole one of my corrados. :agrue:

Russell

btw Lee on here this is my name..boostedcorrados is just on vortex.I got banned a few years back for fighting with a guy that stole one of my corrados. :agrue:

Russell

That no problem as far as i'm concerned. Hope you kicked his a55!

nahh i got him back tho he wants to sue me for making his shop fail cause i voiced my opinion about the deal and about him and his habbits...blames being a hack and an over all tool on me. We even wor shirts with his shop logo and the guy peein on it to his show lol

I hate that guy

nahh i got him back tho he wants to sue me for making his shop fail cause i voiced my opinion about the deal and about him and his habbits...blames being a hack and an over all tool on me. We even wor shirts with his shop logo and the guy peein on it to his show lol

I hate that guy

hahahaha - thats funny! He deserved it by the sounds of things, hope his shop went tits up.... :p

Wow that looks good! Here in the states i cant find anyone to chrome my maifold if i could then i would have had one done already :pale:

Russell

Here another one for you Russell. One of only 3 chromed VR6 throttlebodies in the world and its overbored and rebuilt for good measure. I had big problems convincing the chromer to plate this. Theres a few secrets involved with producing one of these :wink:

Hi lee which momo wheel have you got in your c? rying to get hold of a stylish non std wheel dont like the ones with exposed metal look a bit cheap imo!

Hi lee which momo wheel have you got in your c? rying to get hold of a stylish non std wheel dont like the ones with exposed metal look a bit cheap imo!

Hi Mate,

The wheel is a Momo Runner, i bought it as it was one of only two momo wheels with a centre pad, unfortunately i don't think they make them anymore. The exposed metal look is abit mountney but is you can live with that the best wheel i've ever had is a momo corse. Awesome wheel.

yeah i thought it was a runner if you ever decide to change it let me know in the mean time ill be trawling the net trying to find one!

Dash tranplant in action, it was done in the wind, rain and darkness as i wanted to make GTi Festival. Didn't make it in the end but it wasn't for lack of trying!!

For the CCGB members out there, under that leather is Ray Campbell's dash from the C he relutantly had to break.

More pics to follow on the interior build.