Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Questions, questions, questions!

OK. Took my c for its first night time drive last night (as i only picked it up monday morn) and the lights are rubbish! lol. I was anticipating this tho. So I have a few questions which i hope you guys can answer.

1) The angel lights conversion (ive seen them on ebay) IMO they look good, and i was wondering do they still provide the same light output or is it improved? Or made worse!?

2) You can change the lightbulbs (for example on a peugeot) to the clearer, brighter bulbs that have a slight blue tint to them. Do these improve the c's lighting?

3)Is it easy to remove the "Corrado", "G60" and VW badges on the rear of the c?

4)Ive noticed people have changed to the Lupo windscreen wiper setup. Is this a single wiper conversion itself? What is needed to do this? a new motor?

Sorry for all the questions, but you gotta start somewhere!

Ohh...also, im trying to prioritise my spending. my c's currently lowered 80mm on some cheap tat, and i wanted to raise it slightly so its between 40 and 60, depending on price and reccomendations from you guys. What kit would reccomend for this, id like it quite stiff, but dont really have a huge amount to spend. Also, i have no idea of this, how much do garages charge to lower a car for you!?

Thanks in advance!

1) Yeah they're a lot brighter than normal lamps apparently.

2) Yes you can fit brighter bulbs but the reason they're so cack is because of the weedy wiring loom feeding the bulbs. You need to uprate that first and H100VW makes excellent looms for this purpose.

3) Corrado & VW roundel no, holes in the body. G60, yes, stuck on.

4) Nope, twin blades. Single wipers cost about £120 ish. You use the standard motor.

5) Not advisable skimping on suspension. FK Konigsport coilovers are good, as are Koni's own, about £500 to £600 for those. Otherwise Koni dampers and H&R springs will give a 40mm drop and good ride quality. About £450 for that lot + fitting on both. Around 3 to 4 hours to fit, so 4 x £40 p/h as a ball park.

Shaggsy, I make the looms PM me if you are interested. Click the button below.

Echo what Kev says, buy cheap buy twice with suspension. Everyone has a favourite, mine is Weitec from C&R Enterprises. Loads and loads of debate on the forum about suspension. Use the search.

Cheers

Gavin

Sorry for hijacking your thread but a question if I may. I find my headlights to be fine, did VW update the headlights on their later models or do I just have a low standard of "good headlights"?

Not that I'm aware of. The previous owner might have already done the loom, as had the previous owner of my Corrado about 3 or 4 years ago. I too logged on and read about poor headlights and didn't understand what people were on about....until I noticed fat wiring on the headlights that was not the work of VW!