Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

g60 isv reroute kit?

I came on to ask the same thing, from what i've read from other posts its not safe, they can cause overboost & pinking problems

Sounds as though whoever came up with the kit doesn't understand how the system works...

If you do a search for ISV or ISV reroute you should get all the relevant info from past discussions up about them. I ran one on my first G60 and had no problems, also it increases the noise your G60 puts out. I think they are meant to prevent boost leaking from the ISV itself. Many people with G60's in the US use them and swear by them (?)

Hope this helps

Just fitted one but unable to give definitve results as I only drove it to and from the MOT, but in the short time I drove it I noticed a distinct increase in noise and better pull away from stationary... Will add more when I've taxed the beastie....

If you do a search for ISV or ISV reroute you should get all the relevant info from past discussions up about them. I ran one on my first G60 and had no problems, also it increases the noise your G60 puts out. I think they are meant to prevent boost leaking from the ISV itself. Many people with G60's in the US use them and swear by them (?)

Hope this helps

Exactly... If it is good for the Yanks why not for us :?: :?: :?:

I think they're safe to use as long as your car's properly setup with it one.. however I have read of people getting dodgey idles - but thats not a huge issue i guess..

I thought the issue with them was related to too much boost? Its being pumped back into the intake rather than bled to atmosphere as VW intended..... Can anyone enlighten me further please?!

At the end of the day, well on my setup at least, it aint gonna make a lot of difference cuz the isv only bleeds boost at over 1 bar, and since it doesnt hit 1 bar until just over 6000rpm, I prolly should be changing gear anyway, maybe if you got a bbm lysholm pumping 22psi it could be useful

cheers Andy,i'll give it a miss then,nice to see a fellow red g60 owner :twisted:

Yeah, don't see any red ones round here either! Are you going to VW northwest tomorrow?

Exactly... If it is good for the Yanks why not for us

Just cos the yanks use them doesn't mean they know any better than us..... engine rebuild's are probably cheaper over there anyway! :wink:

can't make it,i already had plans,plus i want to wait till i've done a few bits and bobs to my car,fetch her up to scratch