Sign in to follow this  
bananaradoman

GTi thing at York this sunday?

bananaradoman

Whats going on in York, is it on the Race course??

Might have a run down .

Cheers guy.

GTI spectacular at York Raceway, usually a lot there.

Were taking my golf though as Marts Corrado is at Stealth being mapped :(

No - it's at a place called Melbourne. It's on the B1228, around 10 miles north of jn37 (M62).

If your travelling there from the north then take the A1079 (signposted Hull) off the York ring road (A64) and immediately turn right onto B1228.

I'm going to try and get there depending on a couple of other things this weekend.

Stevemac provisionally I can meet you on the M62 give the location and time. I should know for definite wether I can make it by tomorrow night.

I'll be there, although my C will be in pieces in my garage, so I may well be in my hired 3 cylinder Punto... Please don't take the p!$$, it's all I could get at 20mins notice! :roll: :shock: :cry:

tip-when you enter stay in the r/h lane and say your going down the strip even if you arnt or you will end up in the main car park,ile be in my mars red mk1 with 15" P`S,you will here me before you see me as its running on throttle bodies :p:p:p

I'm going to try and get there depending on a couple of other things this weekend.

Stevemac provisionally I can meet you on the M62 give the location and time. I should know for definite wether I can make it by tomorrow night.

JN28 (M62) Signposted Morley. There's a pub on the roundabout called the "White Bear". I can meet you in the lay-by/car park outside around 8:30am ??

Anybody else want to meet there ??

may do steve.

depends what time i get out of bed n pick my mates up.

if i get there in time i will stop n see whats happening.

Think it might be best to exchange phone numbers cos the meeting point is quite a lot out of my way. Gazza and Steve, I have PM'd you mine. First one there save some spaces for the rest of us. I'll have my mate in his Seat Ibiza probably and me in my VR6. Aim to arrive around 9:30am. See you all there.

Do we need tickets already for this as I don't have any and would have to pay on the door.

We're paying on the door too - either that or cutting through the fence... :lol:

I'm not going which is a shame, still, I only found out about it at 10pm tonight!

Cheers Barney but needed to know earlier, good to meet you tonight though, car looks in nice condition, and you didn't pay too much for it.

Steve, what have you done to give you 200+bhp? is that a guess? is it at the flywheel? just curious. I need to do more to mine to get it to 300bhp without the nos. what did you get the biggest gains from?

Chris

P.s. Lads don't forget to take lots of pics!!

Chris,

200+bhp is where it will be very shortly (I like round numbers) :lol:

Performance mods since May (when I bought it) :-

Jabba R1 charger, Jaba induction kit, Superchip (sh1te), 3.5bar FPR, 65mm pulley, magnex s/s exhaust.

LARGE front mounted intercooler & re-map to follow next month.

Not sure where the biggest gains have come from. As soon as the charger was run-in, I fitted the chip & pulley. Can't compare it to standard cos when I bought the car the charger was just about fuc*ed. I expect to get the best benefit from the re-map as then I will have the right fuelling etc to get the best out of all the other mods.

R1 charger seems to have caused/highlighted a slight boost leak. :? Not too much of a problem as I'll be changing all the pipework when I fit the new intercooler in a couple of weeks time. 8)

Hi all, just got back. Steve you left at totally the wrong time, you missed the jet car running. I made the mistake of standing right near it to watch not realising that part of the show is to put the aftreburner on. My face is now very red. Still was a good day though and I enjoyed it. My only regret is that I have not got the car to a stage where I am willing to race it yet. It will be next time though.

Steve, it was good to meet you mate. There were a few other Corrados there including another red VR I was behind for a while coming out of York. Any from here?

Chris, good to meet you too. Catch you about soon.

Hi Barney,

Got a bit bored when it started raining so I went to York to annoy one of my friends instead. Still, got my Bentley manual now. :lol:

So that cement mixer looking thing was the back of a jet engine ehh. Did you see what time it did ??

Maybe a good idea for us all to arrange to meet at a specific time/place at the next event we go to. Always better to put a face to a name.

How about an "events" section here on the group ??

Right get this. The jet is out of a F5 fighter, it prdoduces 5000lbs thrust which in hp terms is around 10000 horses. 0 - 300mph takes 1/4 mile and 3.8 secs. Should be called a silly car instead of a funny car.

My face hurts.

Good idea with events section, we would all know to look to see what's on and Chris might have known about it then.