Sign in to follow this  
Hank_Marvin

Severely Faded Car

TBH if you are on a tight budget you would be better off getting some Megs stuff, probably the Stage 3 kit and give that a wirl.

You have already smoothed the paint down by all the T-cut that you hvae used and what you really need is to clean the paint off and apply a wax to it, using a paint cleaner. The above mentioned kit should give you the results that you are after.

T-cut is renowned for making it fade quicker than ever, and the AG SRP will make it look OK for about a week, then the fade will start again/has started, especially if it is outside all the time.

BTW, no email received, so I guess that you went straight to the main Swissol site and ordered the book from there. The wax will not do the job on it's own, as it is only a wax, not a polish or a cleaner. You would apply this AFTER cleaning the paintwork first.

You can get the results without resorting to a respray, just look at some of the cars on the Concours circuit, not resprayed and still Tornado Red....

John

I use G10 on my vehicles and highly recommend it, especially when used with a polisher. Im using autoglym ultra deep shine as a base and meguiars clear coat at them moment and its come up well. At least people dont point at my patchy pink vr now....groooooo

i totally understand where your coming from check out the roof of my G60 >

PolishedPaint-Roof--02-08-05.jpg

and the rear wing >

PolishedPaint--02-08-05.jpg

i have got fed up with polishing it and waxing it etc all the time so its going for a respray on wednesday! 8)

C'mon guys you spend all this time, effort and money struggling too do a good job- just take it to a reputable valeting company or bodyshop and spend £30 - 90 to get it moppe. Then you can wax it monthly yourselves stress free. :-)

LHD-G60 That paint will fade again in no time with just the wax applied. It needs to be cut back properly and then sealed (and continue sealing regularly) with a good wax. Get it professionally mopped with G11 and then wax it regularly.

LHD-G60 That paint will fade again in no time with just the wax applied. It needs to be cut back properly and then sealed (and continue sealing regularly) with a good wax. Get it professionally mopped with G11 and then wax it regularly.

no point mate its a lot worse than it looks :wink:

plus some ofthe car is flash red and some is Tornado red! its supposed ot be all tornado red!

its goin into the garage tomorrow for the respray so its gonna look the dogs bollards when its done 8)

Alex

Polishing it won't last no time at all,don't matter how good the polish is.

Get it resprayed, make sure they basecoat it and clearcoat it, all solid colours now days are clearcoated to stop fadeing.

Was in the spraying game for fifteen years,i know my paints :)

I used t-cut color polish on mine, followed by an application of zymol hard wax.

It does wear off tho :( , the bonnet is worst affected.