Sign in to follow this  
balboa

supersprint manifold for mk 2 golf gti

i have a mk2 golf gti 16v...my pride and joy,,,i am thinking of getting a supersprint manifold...advice needed on how my car would differ to the standard manifold....and has any one any idea of how much a supersprint manifold will cost, and how much im looking to get it fitted...thanks

IIRC, although someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, Supersprint 4-branch manifold's are £285 plus postage from TSR Performance. Although there may be fitment issues with them. Fitting should take around 2 hours I would have thought

Hope this helps

I’ve heard they can crack when used with solid engine mounts? Not cheap by any means, it should add around 15hp from low end.

Think 15BHP added is a bit optimistic TBH, maybe 8-10BHP max if the car is well set-up. Also there are fitment issues i.e. pretty big manifold so tends to knock against PAS rack and other bits in the engine bay. Hence, usually used with solid engine mounts, but again, then you MAY experience problems with the manifold cracking over time.

Cheers

my mates got one on his valver it sounds well,he says it goes well to,i think he's thinking about breaking the golf to get some cash for his mk1 project

would a supersprint 4 branch from a mk2 8v gti fit a corrado g60, as on of my mates is selling one and im thinking about getting it? Also would i have to have the lamba sensor fitted into the 4 branch? Also would the g60 engine run to hot for this manifold and start to cause problems with it, Just curious as to what you guys prefer- a 4 branch or and aftermarket down pipe :roll:

If you want a good cheap 4 branch manifold - try Grant Motor Sport in Bristol.

He sorted me out with one for under 180 quid - he (at the time i was buying) had three different types available.

I had PAS - and experienced no fouling - I had no probs with "cracking" - what I did have was an improved torque range.

HTH

http://www.grantmotorsport.com/

would a supersprint 4 branch from a mk2 8v gti fit a corrado g60

mk2 golf gti 16v

They are talking about mrk 2 manifolds, no? :scratch: