Sign in to follow this  
DGTi

140 bhP !!!

My VR pulled 155 at the wheels at Stealth, that was on a 201.1 bhp run. 50-ish bhp drivetrain losses seems high to me, but it's consistent with what everyone else is seeing, so your 140 may not be wildly wrong ..

My VR pulled 155 at the wheels at Stealth, that was on a 201.1 bhp run. 50-ish bhp drivetrain losses seems high to me, but it's consistent with what everyone else is seeing, so your 140 may not be wildly wrong ..

I've seen a number of healthy standard Corrado VR6's produce 190-200bhp and 140 ish ATW on Stealth's rollers, similar figures at AMD (a bit higher usually though).

You've got all the usual problems with quoting figures from rolling roads, comparisons with others cars on shoot out days seems fairly useful though, especially when a number of standard cars put out roughly what the manufacturers quote.

David.

probably not a massive bit of help, but my mk3 made 166bhp at the fly at stealth last year and that equatd to 122 at the wheels, 44bhp loss

£100?

hose kit = £75+VAT, leaving exactly £11.87 budget for fitting .. sounds like Mate's Rates to me!! :)

my vr6 golf got 140 something on the rollers and 174 at the fly, so it is a little down for a VR i would imagine

That sounds about right if it was the mrk 3 VR.

What C & R said to me was the kit was £45 + Vat, thats the cheap part. Then Corrado's need to be pressure bled which take's about 4 hours hence the £200. If you get any air at all then they have to be rigged up to a computer and then run through the a program. What the F*ck!!!

I've never heard anyone say it takes 4 hours to bleed a Corrado's braking system ... Maybe on the ultra-smart Mk4 ABS system, yes, but not a bog standard C VR6 job.

Especially with pressure bleeding, my mate at the dealers stuck 2 new hoses on the front of my mums golf and bled all 4 lines in about 20 mins!