Sign in to follow this  
dig776

Wing Mirror repair?

Hi,

After having my rado for a year I have decided to fix the passenger door mirror as I am about to put my gf on the insurance and if I don't fix the mirror she will have an excuse for kerbing the wheels when parking :lol:

It all works fine on the electrical adjustment until I move it down. It gets to about mid point then pings back up if I try to adjust it any more!

Anyone encountered/fixed this or got any ideas how I would remove the mirror?

Any help appreciated

Remove the mirror by turning it to the park position revealing the 2 screws/bolts... to take it off the car completly you will need the door card off to unplug the electrics...

See if you can see anything obvious but if not i'd try and pick up a second hand unit (a pair usually sell for about £50)

As Supercharged says for the whole unit but did you mean the "mirror"?

Thanks RW1 the diagram is very helpful. I will try removing the mirror initially but being pessimistic I suspect I will need to remove/replace the whole lot :(

As the mirror won't move down I suspect the problem will be the top or bottom movement thing (although it does seem odd that only one part of the movement of the mirror has stopped working).

Couldn't face it last night but will give it a go tonight.

I sprayed plenty of WD40 behind the mirror glass and my reluctant driver's side one started working again.

I intend to lubricate it properly soon, though.

Thanks to all for help.

In the end the sticking a ruler behind the mirror and moving it about a lot technique worked.

If only I had tried this 12 months ago. :)