Sign in to follow this  
M.P.H.

8x17 RH AG CUP'S

Hello again Chrishill, no probs mate - they saw to all the grinding etc after i had questioned their use of spacers on the fronts! Went for a few pints (only 2 :oops: ) with other half in High St and returned to a completed job! Waz very happy with wheels but when i first arrived i saw all the other rims i had shortlisted in the flesh - and wondered if i had made right choice (KT-1's, KT-4's). But now totally satisfied i made right choice - they're a great looking wheel - totally suited to the C! :D

yup, and we have the added bonus that hardly anyone on the forum has them... yet! A20 LEE used to have a set, and I've seen 2 others on vwvortex with them but thats it, suprising really since they suit the car so well.

What are these Bonrath top plates ? I presume the Koni TA's on my car (on when i bought it!) are only tension adj. and not height wise? What do u mean take it down a notch . I'd love to lower it another 10-15mm!

Look awesome neil, can't wait for mine to arrive. Better get filing, next problem is im running standard shocks and springs. Will the wheels make the ride height look better or worse, don't really want to be forking out another £700 so soon.

Your new larger 17's will fill up the gap in the arch a bit more than the smaller wheel, however the overall height of the vehicle will be slightly higher due to the bigger diameter of the wheel. My car used to catch speed humps (front spoiler) if taking them too fast but now it doesn't due to the fitment of the 17's (used to have 16's). However i am going to try to get it down another 10-15mm if poss. to make it look better! I would at least purchase a set of springs to take it down from standard ride height!

Got a few little digs near one of the valves(small marks on the dish) where it looks like the tyre has been inflated on one wheel - these marks are very small but annoying. Touch up with silver paint the only way to sort the marks out or is there something else i can do?

Had the grider on the caliper today, followed by a coat of hammerite. Wheels left germany on the 19th so calling tomorrow to see about delivery. Did you guys use the standard wheel nuts and have you treated the alloys with anything. Read some where about waxing them.

Wheels arrived yesterday, dont believe it ordered et32. Got et27, from what i under stand they'll fit on the back. tryed one on the front thinking if it's no good i can keep it and put it on the back and send the others back. Just fitted one to the drivers front, but not driven it. Doesn't appear to be any clearance problems as i am running standard struts and springs, but will fit the other front and take it for a spin to try it. Must admit it sticks out the arch a bit, What do you think? Have waited a month for these and don't want to have to swap them if i can help it. Will also try one on the back as i dont think it will stick out as much as the front, which may look strange unless i put spacer on the back. Sorry it so long winded any help would be greatful.

f'ing about is what makes it interesting! come on kev, you're the king of f'ing about with your car! ;) :lol:

haha took the words right outta my mouth

dont like ppl who spend all their time f-ing abt and when they got it right selling the car on though

hi mate, mine are et32, as neil says the fronts need the caliper carriers grinding down to fit or you could fit some spacers like i tried, but i found they wobbled like mad. good choice though! :D ordered mine from style dynamix and paid just shy of a grand for them with cheapo tyres, there was a toyo option but i was over budget as it was ;)

aren'tgrinders great chris :wink:

oh aye, nowt like a good grind

specially when youve got an extra hole to use - oops wrong thread...