Sign in to follow this  
tonytiger

Which Goodridge Brakes lines?

Right, I'm going to be upgrading the front brakes on my VR to a 288mm setup soon (I've just bought calipers and carriers) and I know I need late Mk3 Golf front brake lines, so I was going to get a set of goodridge braided hoses. But, I'll also be upgrading to Mk4 rear calipers at some point (but maybe not just yet).

So, if I buy the goodridge late Mk3 Golf 6 line hose set will they fit Mk4 rear calipers or I would I still need to buy an adapter kit?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I've spent ages reading various threads on brake upgrades and not found a definitive anwser, and I really don't want to pay for something which I won't be able to use.

Cheers,

Tony.

Ring stealth and ask them for a 6 line set for 288s and MK4 rears..... they fit them all the time and know which set to get.

You basically need MK2 to MK4 Banjo x 4 (2 front, 2 rear) and MK2 to MK2 x 2 for the compensator.

I got my goodridge set from C&R for the rear brake conversion. I believe they sell the 6 line set also for the full job.

or just buy the fittings and hose from rally design and make them yourself to suit.

cheaper than goodridge too.