Sign in to follow this  
cubed

how low?

my sump dont scrap ever...jus been looking at it,,,its like new still lol whereas the sub frame is a diff story

My sump doesnt catch its just the front splitter that does. Ive got a Seat one on my car and I think its a little deeper than the std C ones :D

right its done! whether ive made the right choice i can only wait and see! fk highsports are here 1 down three to go!

just got back online so missed all that glorious advice given! typical!!!

can only hope they serve well! after all after the way it was before i,l prob be over the moon with anything!!!

i will let you all know what i think when its been driven! im on budget so far but theres a few more things yet to come! hence taking the middle ground, i recon for eveyday use they,l be fine! too many cameras here anyway!! :lol:

did some testing tonight on some speed bumps, six in total and the long ish one's were fine most of the scraping was the front splitter and slightly on the subframe bu the smaller humps were crazy the car jus sat on the humps with the wheels slightly off the ground its crazy never doing that again,,, the subframe took some punishing tonight and i think the driveshafts had a bit of a play also,,,,,front splitter is looking like abt 60mm now think ive sanded it down :lol:

right,feelin a little stupid now as ive removed n/s front strut only to realise that the top mounts goosed!!! should have known!!

is it worth puttin uprated ones on or just stickin with standeard?

after all its only for road use?

is it me or does one job just lead to another! s,pose its all part of the fun! boo hoo!!! :drinking:

whats scraping the front bumper?

Furks you nutter lol

yeah front spilter catches.. my neighbours hate me as I scrape coming home & leaving all the time... :lol:

my word what a nightmare! ordered top mounts from vw yesterday they sent the wrong parts which they discovered for themselves. today i get home to find they,ve sent two different ones!!

does anyone happen to know the part number for the 90 16v top mounts?

got two sittin infront of me

one of which is: 357 412 331 the other 357 412 329

the former is the part number on the old one, but, the rubber has different mouldings?

confused is not the word!!

cubed, try a search mate i'm sure you'll find them also seem to remember reading that the vr6 ones are better but double check that

i also bought the bearings when i did mine

sussed it! one early ones late!number ending 331 is the early and ending 329s the late! maybe useless info but hey!

right! got the proper mounts,all fitted. but as ive said in another thread(resetting wings)my n/s front wheel is still rubbing the s**tguard,

yet the o/s is well clear and not due to height! i,l get some pics when its light, just cant figure it!

thinkin the wings maybe mismatched as i know its had a tap on the front o/s (chassis legs untouched) and has had a wing,are late ones wider or somethin?

i know the vr ones are but surley id notice that sooner!!

only when i changed a rear wheel to the front i noticed,as far as i can tell the offsets are identical.

stumped!