Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

its running but well rough, i need help please!!!

right unplugged it, no difference. i have just decided to take it for a little spin, took it out, i could drive it near enough normally with little throttle but as soon as i put my foot down or took it over about 2 1/2 grand it misfired run on 3. anyone got any ideas, im so nearly there now.

That sounds like the vac pipe to the ECU, it'll run ok on small throttle openings but as sooon as you try and use some boost it turns nasty. Check the length of the pipe, it should be a meter long exactly. You might have 2 snags the probe and the the pipe.

Gavin

i'm still wondering why this problem started after he'd been to get his exhaust sorted out?could they have done something when welding the zaust?

as for the vac pipe i think it got replaced by jabba and it was running fine after that so unless he's not connected it properly after swapping the ecu's round i can't see it being that tbh.if the vac pipe was split could that cause it?should the engine note have changed when the lambda was unplugged?

The note would probably change on disconnection. If the hose was damaged the ECU would never see the right amount of boost. It would be under fuelling.

Gavin

Ok, best if he can wait until 3ish tomorrow afternoon. Ask him to text me first and make sure I am free.

Gavin

fed up with thinking i have found the problem then its not that, so i have decided to go and have a diagnostic check on it, it goes in friday so il let you know.

FFfffffeeeeeeecccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this is whats happening to my G60 - and you never got back to tell the results - what happened mate , what was the cause and what was the cure??????? cheers Russ

yeah the search actually worked - but I'm still tearing my hair out {not long till I look like me Dad :oops: } so what was the outcome mate?????? please pissin me right off even bored of the flames especially in the petrol station they think I'm doin it for a laugh - can do with out getting banned from my local station :oops:

check the purple wire from lambda plug with it still plugged in.

With a multi meter you should get readings around 0.79 volts and these should fluctuate when revved.

This means the lambda is ok

"flusted"]check the purple wire from lambda plug with it still plugged in.

With a multi meter you should get readings around 0.79 volts and these should fluctuate when revved.

This means the lambda is ok :(

check the purple wire from lambda plug with it still plugged in.

This means the lambda is ok

What tbh matey - my C has cat by pass > does that not mean it has no lambda? {this is what i was led to belive :oops: } as you can see have been looking at all like for like threads but no one has answers but has given me plenty of things to look at and clean at lunch :lol: I have to laugh really or I'm gunna start crying sooooooooooooooo frustrating :(

i have cat bypass aswell, lambda is before this by down pipe join.

Try what i have done,discoonect lambda,then remove the full throttleswitch from throttlebody,then tape it so the switch is pressed all the time,then try it.

Mines like this and it runs fine and goes like stink

sorry bruv - not a clue what you mean,got any pics of what I should be playing with? and will this do any harm? as its a kind of boge - no disrespect just i really aint got a clue at the moment but hopefully by the end of today i'm gunna be the kiddie as far as G's go {HOPEFULLY}

nah still havent cured the problem. ive put a new lambda on it and i thought it had worked but it went back to how it was then i changed the plugs cos they hadnt been done for ages. i took ngk out and put some bosch ones in, and it runs worse with them in. bloody thing. adie, can you pm me the details of how to do what you have done to the throttle switch. cheers

nah still havent cured the problem. ive put a new lambda on it and i thought it had worked but it went back to how it was then i changed the plugs cos they hadnt been done for ages. i took ngk out and put some bosch ones in, and it runs worse with them in. bloody thing. adie, can you pm me the details of how to do what you have done to the throttle switch. cheers

dude thats what I've just said in it? :? :wink:

sorry mate. :oops:

No worries bruv were all in this together - I hope, so frustrating that after a year of owning my G with no real probs s""t like this happens and I cant sort it nor at least know whats causing it to happen :?

ive had this problem for a over a year now, i think its time for me to take it to someone rather then keep trying other things on it.

ive had this problem for a over a year now, i think its time for me to take it to someone rather then keep trying other things on it.

your car looks rude by the way - can you do me a favour and let me know what the man or lass you go to see says thats wrong with the car - I've spoke to Darren via email a couple of times and plan to go to his place - but its a fair old way from me and :oops: I cant afford the petrol bill there let alone the possible cost of the bill once hes done his magic!? :wink: do you have your lambda connected/diconected? can you tell me what order the wires are in from left to right as the last 2 of mine are cut/fraid and wouldn't mind reconecting them to see if it makes any difference if you get my drift cheers pal - I'm sure we'll talk agin 8)