Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

mfa outside temp?

i didnt know it had it but all of a sudden its appeared on the display albeit at -40deg so i suppose the sender is unplugged where is the sender is my question for ya guys!

Mine also went to -40 recently but it is definitely plugged in. Do they also read -40 when they go bad or is it possible I have a bad connection elsewhere?

Mine has dissappeared too, was there until I noticed the wire to the sensor was broken(it didnt work properly, obviously, but I had some reading) and soldered it up, I guess its just a faulty sensor :?

Mine seems to have like the wrong level of resistance or some thing, even tho it's new cos the temperature's way out. Does anyone know if there was any difference in the sensor from model to model? I've got a 1990 1.8 16v and vag just gave me this one and said it was the right one.

there's 2 or 3 different ones... get the wrong one and you'll get some weird and wacky readings on it...

If the sensor is missing, the MFA will normally skip the setting. If it's faulty then you'll either get no reading (it'll skip it) or a mad one like -40

As bix says, the wiring's somewhat prone to getting damaged down there too, so check that out before spending your hard earned... 8)

-40 means it's disconnected. Had the same problem with mine.

Jack up, head under bumper parallel to indicator, top of break duct there should be a cable to plug in :)

Has anyone noticed their reading wandering? I rapidly gave up trusting the reading after about 5 minutes of driving, as there is clearly some soakback from the engine. I was a bit surprised about this, because previous VWs, SEATs have always had a pretty reliable reading here. Any ideas? :scratch: