Sign in to follow this  
LJ

Koni Reds any good?

Hi

After some advice really.

The wife and I have finally had enough of the understeering and zero feedback from the suspension on our family barge - A3 SE TDI 130.

It rides on 225/45R17 tyres on Audi 17's which came with the car.

I was thinking keep the Audi SE springs :-( and just fit some good gas shocks - Koni Reds!? Does anyone know how stiff these are compared with the adjustable Koni Sports?

Any other shock absorber suggestions?

Audi suspension is cr@p.

My old Corrado had Eibach+Koni Sports, and didn't like the back roads we have to drive.

If I look too much, then I think of H&R -35mm progressive wind springs and then move onto perhaps 1.8T ARBs, Forge SMIC, remap .... :-)

Chris

The only reds I've seen recently are HD 4x4 ones.... They used to do black, red and yellow. Yellow - Sports, Black = Old classic cars and Red = OE replacement. Can't see them on Koni's (cr@p) site/s any more...

I'd go with the yellows anyway.....for a few quid more you get top adjustment to tailor the ride! Reds would be a waste of money imo....

Aha, you found em, well done! I couldn't be arsed with the PDFs, LOL!

I'd still go for the yellows mate. On the softest setting they are only fractionally stiffer than standard and when the missus isn't in the car, you can turn them up!