Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

17inch alloys

As I've said before, ride quality on 17s is hard to get right. It's down to wheel weight and choice of rubber, it's a lot more critical with 17s. I have used certain tyres on my 15s before and the ride was actually worse than the 17s I use now.

What you have to remember is when you're uprating the chassis with stiffer dampers/springs etc and ARBs, the weakest link is then the sidewall flex in the 15" tyres. Going up to 17s gives you a much sharper turn-in and less sidewall bounce when really going for it round bends.

Yes I do like 15s but I'm sticking with BBS 17s for now as A, they look a damn sight better, and B, the ride quality is only slightly affected, thanks to the 205/40/17 Eagle F1s, which are very forgiving and very sticky.

Don't take anyone's word for it, you have to try for yourself and once you get the balance right, you won't use 15s again.

Good advice kev, well I have stuck on the 17s (with those Toyo T1-S :-(), so I'm just waiting for them to wear down and then get Eagle F1s all round.