Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

MK3 radio wiring

My mate got a mk3 golf today, little 1.4, really nice runner and such a nice colour (like maroon metallic ish).

Anyway I went to pop a stereo in for him only to find the wiring somewhat odd.. all looks factory but doesn’t seem to be right tried swapping a few wires about as you have to for the c BUT no luck could get the cd player to come on but would go off and on in quick succession.

The iso power connection plug has

1 red wire

1 black wire

1 gray wire

1 green wire

1 blue wire

I expected the black to be ground but the multi meter showed the gray to be??? And the red gave 12+ as did the blue

Confused lol

Any help much appreciated

Im good at this placing threads thing. :roll:

its an iso all right just doesn’t seem to be wired right!?! the previous radio worked (was a vag sony tape) but doesn’t work plug and play and I have tried 2 sony units with the same result...

its just odd.

is the original wired up to come on with ignition? There should be a switched live (ignition) and perm live, try bridge the red and orange together from the new cd player wiring to the perm live on the iso block coming from the car and that should get it going. The blue is the remote power lead or for the arial signal boost