Sign in to follow this  
valver MK

laserline immobiliser killed my car!

hello all, car died on me today. There was no spark, and the RAC tells me that the feed to the coil has been shut off by the immobiliser, or at least a connection to it (As the car started fine when this had been bypassed). I wanna have a go and fix it myself but i'm a bit unsure as to where to start, is it likely to be a tricky job, bearing in mind the dash has to come off at some point to fix the matrix.

Does any one know what sort of fee a garage might charge?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

A nasty job taking the dash out. Or more to the point, putting it back with no squeaks. You know in yourself if you are capable of removing the immobiliser or not. What is the model number? I have a Laserline immob in my garage that I removed sometime ago. If it is the same one, then maybe you could just swap over the brain part and leave the wiring. I do have the touch keys for it.

If it's the right one you can have it for the postage or I'll take it to e38 on the sunday.

Gavin

Cheers for your help Gavin, just thought i'd let you know that the car was fixed by an electrician, he found another dead imobiliser in there too!

Chris