Sign in to follow this  
kenc

smooth front bumper

Thinking of removing fog lights, and relocating indicators. Do I buy headlights with indicators in? or are these unavailable. If so is it a case of modding the headlights thanks,

also do you peeps have any pics of this mod

i take it that they are angel eyes,so its as simple as placing the spot lighs with indicators ?

Those are 3 series BMW lights IIRC... you could always drill an extra hole in the bowl for the spots so you don't lose more of what is already pretty poor light!

I'm deffo not a fan of this look though tbh - makes the front end look a bit 'special'

hey guys i started another thread about smoothe front bumpers but i got relocated to here..

i want to smooth my font bumper..not the fogs i want them to stay there,just the part where the numberplate goes..i need a "how-to" really

thnx

Thanks for that - just keeps things tidy ;)

I'd have a guess that plastic welding will be in order to fill the holes - try to get this as flush as possible then smooth over with filler using as little as possible... then just a quick respray and your done :D

Not done anything like this before though so I could be wrong...

HTH

Alrite m8, :lol: im wanting to do the same, ive been thinking about it and youve got 2 options, either buy a soldering iron and practise on an old bumper then once your confident enough go for it on your own bumper, like above using thin coats of filler but option 2 is just to go to the bodyshop, thats what im gona do,

it sounds easy but itl be a nitemare to get everything flat and even and then theres spraying,plastic can be a pain to spray.

Also the filler can crack meaning you have to start all over again so be more cost effective to go to bodyshop. Up 2 U tho! :wink:

not a big fan of the totally smooth look myself. looks a little jimmy hill to me

however

have you considered using bike indicators behind the grille so they shine through when operating? yamaha r1 examples for instance?

seen it done on mk1 golfs,can be quite effective. just an idea?