Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

VR6 motor...

Allright,i've got this ABV VR6 engine slowly rusting to death up at my parts werehouse,i was thinking of turboing it with a KKK27 or T4 and putting the motor on ebay,what i'd like to know is has anyone tried to use the G60's injection system on a VR??,taking into account that the VR motor has 2 knock sensors,6 injectors that may overload the digi's ecu injector drivers,etc.

Any thoughts?i've tried using weber/marelli software but the phase sensor can't be adapted,nor can the Maserati bi-turbo's IAW setup because it uses 2 ecus,1 for injection,1 for ign. timing,another possibility was the Alfa 164 v6 turbo set-up,not good because it uses an awfull airflap meter system.

Any hints/ideas?,cheers.

Can't you just use the VR6's management and put in a custom written chip?

If not, how about a porsche turbo ECU + injector loom?

I think you're making things too complicated for yourself....

A T4 will do using the standard ECU. It has shite knock control but it'll get you going, just add Aquamist and an intercooler to reduce det as much as poss. G60 280cc injectors would be quite nice and about right for a stage 1 turbo but they're expensive......some vauxhall ones around the 300cc mark can be used also, but you need to use VW o rings on them, which are a slightly loose fit, but good enough.

Digifant won't drive 6 injectors and it'll be too slow for a turbo'd VR...and I don't think it has the necessary sequential injection software, or the cylinder selective timing for coilpacks.

Good points guys,really it's a matter of availabilty,i've got G60 parts i could fill a room with so,naturally,that was my first idea,Porsche injection sounds good the problem is finding all the components,chip tuning brings it's own problems in that over here in Italy,the VR was virtually not imported due to tax on the car's engine cc.,no 1 bought it.

I think i may have to contact EIP or maybe someone who knows the VR's ecu more than these clowns over here.