Sign in to follow this  
ArchetypeVR6

New Project Car....Advice Needed Please

I just bought my first corrado a 92' G60. right now i drive a 95' Jetta GLX VR6. I bought my C as a project car it needs paint badly and the supercharger is on its last legs. So im planning to throw a lot of money at it but im not even sure where to start i would like to get a kit and a carbon fiber hood before i paint it and i dont know what to do with the 145K engine should i rebuilt it and get a new SuperCharger or invest in a G60 turbo kit. How difficult is it to do a G60 to VR6 conversion. Please help me with your advice about the motor.

Thank you

-Matt

Where do we start???

Firstly, surely you should worry about getting it going well and reliably before getting a kit (sacrilige) and carbon fibre hood.

Then as for conversion to vr6, you would be best buying a vr6 from the word go.

If you want the G60 up and going then budget 600 quid for rebuild adn then look to get chip and pulley to get vr bhp. If the engine is thrashed tho you should get a compression test and sort that out to or any other mods are kinda pointless.

have a squizz thro the forums for advice as there's heaps on all this about

good luck :)

I agree with Munkay to be honest.

Get the G60 sorted in standard form first before doing any bodykit mods....

I would strip down and rebuild the G60 engine and have the supercharger rebuilt too - that sorts the mechanics... ready for mods...

If going for a full respray (keep it SAME colour!!!) then obviously look at some body mods before you do - although bodykits and corrados go together like porsche and reliant robins! :)