Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Just went for a spin in the boss's 911 :shock:

Blimey, what a motor! 8)

Those brakes are insane, just tap the pedal and you're practically touching the windscreen :lol:

Great performance too :twisted:

One day, when I'm loaded...

Looks beautiful :luvlove:

I couldnt get used to left foot braking though.

It's an auto, so no clutch pedal, as I kept reminding myself, every time the my left foot went down on the brake, expecting there to be a clutch pedal :roll: :lol:

Thats the same with everyone in an auto for the first time when usually driving a manual. Trick is you dont use your left foot, you still use the same right foot for both pedals

I've not driven a 996 or 7, only a 993 or two....

They're awesome. Grip out of tight corners is immense and the steering is sublime.....totally uncorrupted with engine weight and driveshafts. It just turns in smoothly and with tonnes of grip....no appreciable understeer at all.

Considering how stiff 911 suspension is, the ride quality is also exceptional for a supercar..... the 993 I found rides very much like my car but it absorbs bumps better and the bodyshell is 10 times more rigid than a Corrado's.

The brakes....yeah...LOL! Stand on them at 100mph and you're down to 30mph in what feels like a split second later...... awesome cars!

The best one i've driven is 993 twin turbo 4s, that goes and stops very very well. Im lucky in working in a garage with my mate ( boss as well)

whos a Ex porsche Tec, so we see a lot of these cars, a rich mans toy

:lol:

I was driving my 996 a few years ago and left long black marks on the white bits of the zebra crossing on Osbourne road in the posh Jesmond and that was fun, one thing with it was when you slowed down the bloody rear spoiler made a shltty rattle when retracting, i remember phoning H8RRA when i was flying down the coast road doing 150mph in it, those were the days.

Chris

i totally love the 911 , you can trundle around at30mph no problem then when you hoof it , it feels as though it sits lower

awesome cornering capability and the feedback through the steering is second to none

and the sound ............ i've said it before but its the nearest i've got to that "on a bike" feeling in any car , it just eats the road up