Sign in to follow this  
jonrb

Replacing the return fuel line

Hi folks

I need to replace the return fuel line - this is the long blue flexible pipe that runs the length of the car and passes near the O/S/R wheel and near the fuel pump.

I have the genuine VAG replacement part (£23-odd from my local friendly dealer) and am ready to start the job but I have never messed with the fuel system before.

Is there some kind of fuel shut-off valve or do I just have to clamp the feed line to prevent fuel from pissing everywhere whilst I do the job?

I was planning on doing the job today, so if someone could let me know then I'd be really grateful. :)

Are there any other handy hints anyone can give me (apart from obvious stuff like not smoking whilst working on the fuel system, of course)

Thanks in advance

Jon

hi m8,

i recently replaced the fuel feed on my g60,diffarent i know but...

a tip is to cut the old pipe and tightly tape the new one to it,and then you can pull it through the chassis with the old.

sorry thats all i know,not having a vr.

neil. :)

Thanks Riley.

I never thought of that so didn't start the job in the end on the grounds that I couldn't work out where either end terminated or how to thread the pipe through where it disappears into the bodywork 3/4 of the way down the car heading towards the engine. :(

So if anyone else can give me some further ideas then that would be great and I may attempt the job next weekend if I feel confident.