Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

My new G60

Righto, just bought a new G60 but I'm having a few problems with it, the biggest being an oil leak.

I can't see where it is coming from, my friend seems to think it is coming from the crank seal, which would indicate too much crankcase pressure?

We have compression tested the engine, they were all between 150 - 180.

There was some oil in the catch tank, we have emptied that, going to see what happens. It's a modified engine, here's the spec, if it helps:65mm pulley,G-werks rs charger rebuild(2,000miles ago),red top injectors,rsr outlet,ported and polished head and refurbed ,stage 5 sns chip,oil breather system,boost re-route system,,de-catted,hot wire racing leads,metal inlet air pipe stainless steel air filter

I also have a misfire between 4600-redline, it didnt seem to do it an lower temps, just high temps, but struggles to pull through it, the plugs are all brand new G40 Items.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As most people say in this situation, give Darren a ring at G-Werks to book in for a setup.

As it stands it is difficult to tell at this minute,

Check the Vac hos that leads from the the back of the throttle body to the ECU and make sure that it is airtight and measures 1m long. Secondly check if the car is running rich (black sooty plugs) If so a sensor is knackered (likely to be lambda)

See how you get on with that first.

It's definitely not running rich, we checked the plugs, that's fine. Will check the vacuum hose today.

how do you check if the lambda sensor is fecked? Black sooty deposit around the end of exhaust but i pput that down to chip before i got pulley fitted. now pulley is fitted, its still black?

I beleive that Darren does no longer fit the 3.5 bar FBR as the standard 3.0 is good enough to run even with red top injectors.