Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

yeah just yank out the old dizzy...it may take quite a tug...and refit the new one making sure you try put it in the same spot

then give her a whizz on the timing light

better pics of the tensioner,i noticed today that the eye on the top is threaded so i removed the washers from inside and tweaked the eye a little.

pic showing how i can squeeze the belt too,dont know if its normal or not?

ps:today it started the backfiring thing again,just for 10 secs or so on tickover and then cleared as usual again :(

i think its just one of the probs ill never sort tbh.

checked the ignition timing too,bts disconnected at 2.5k showed bang on 6deg,with bts connected it was around 20deg iirc,sound alright?

neil.

Looks normal, only way to check is with a fancy gauge that measures the deflection. Compare a std belt and pulley set up to your modified one.

If you don't think it's slipping, it's probably alright. It suffer a bit of slip, knowing that it's not side loading the charger bearings too much.

Gavin

i dont think a bit of belt is causing your probs....have a look around the pulleys, is there loads of blask dust form the belt?

thanks guys,there was a little dust knocking about,on the underside of the bonnet too,but it hasnt appeared since i got it back on the road.

:roll: i am sort of losing the idea of this topic arent i?

it is horrible having to drive it day to day with the problem too.

next thing to try is a secondhand dizzy off henny,to rule out the hall sender.

i dont know if this is the problem or not though,it dosnt really misfire like its losing spark...

aye,youre probably right m8.

think ill try the dizzy then think about letting darren look at it.

where is he based?

yeah,still may consider it though,let someone else have the hassle/stress of it :lol:

in fact i dunno if id be confident in it getting me that far :?

please be the hall sender,please!

Riley, dizzy will be in the post in the morning, sorry I didn't get chance to post it over the weekend... :oops:

its still not right guys :(

i tried a dizzy that henny sent me thanks m8,but it just wouldnt run right,i marked the old one up etc and made sure the rotor was pointing in the same direction.

i did drive it and it was like there was no charger :? and the popping/backfiring was happening.

put the old dizzy back in,and now when i put my foot down it sounds like a machine gun,like a drrrrrrrrrrrrrr and dosnt go anywhere :(

i dont have a timing light to hand right now,but if it was slightly out it wouldnt make it drive like it is anyway.

can anyone look at it for me?

i just feel like im never gonna solve the problem :(

neil.

still sounds like a timing issue to me... I'm not around this weekend, but I may be able to pop over with my timing light next week if you can't get sorted beforehand... 8)

thanks ian,ill try my best to sort it before hand but i just dont think i will.

im really getting sick of revving 3 times/disconnect bts/rev 3 times/adjust dizzy a bit/rev 3 times/connect bts/test drive-and still not right. :(

My offer is still open mate, come down to mine you can laff at the state of my vr and I will time your G60 up for you!

thanks ian,ill try my best to sort it before hand but i just dont think i will.

im really getting sick of revving 3 times/disconnect bts/rev 3 times/adjust dizzy a bit/rev 3 times/connect bts/test drive-and still not right. :(

Er...you dont need to, just moving the dizzy alters the timing, I think disconnecting the bts is just so you can measure it with a light properly!

i thought that turning the dizzy without doing the above meant that it corrected itself back to what it was set at?

these things are just too complicated for me :!: